Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Buck Activity >

Wisconsin Buck Activity

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Buck Activity

Old 10-20-2004, 09:25 PM

Default RE: Wisconsin Buck Activity

Manfred, the closest thing I know about is the McMillan marsh north of town. I did some quick scouting there about 3 years ago, and hunted for a day during the T-Zone(I saw a couple walking in...). There seems to be some good looking spots in there, but I don't know much about hunting pressure. It is a big area, though, and definately worth looking at. Other than that, it's pretty much private around Mfld. If you don't mind a 20 min. drive, there's a lot of public land around here in Pittsville(south) and some good paper land south of Chili that I've hunted before. Let me know if you're interested...
-Bill
Old 10-21-2004, 04:49 PM

I hunt Dunn and Baron countys in western Wisconsin and have seen only a few small deer no scrapes or rubs as of yet.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:53 PM

I hunted Central Wisconsin two weekends ago, I found two rubs near a food plot I made this past summer and a scrape under my stand. Also three rubs in another location, the buck activity should have picked up in the past weeks. I'm heading back tomorrow to hunt the weekend, I'll let everyone know how it goes. I think pre-rut should be starting in Wisconsin now, since rut should be around the first week in November, so I'll keep everyone posted on my weekend experience. Good luck to all!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys , guess I gotta visit here more often.
I hunt just outside Hortonville not too far from the Wolf river. The weekend before last I had two doe come crashing out of a thicket about 50 yards in front of me moving towards me but angling to the right. I thought maybe they spotted my head turn or something and thats what scared them. About 30 seconds later out popped a 6pt following their trail. He wasn't in the chase mode yet but he was definately doggin them all the way through. Activity this last weekend slowed down to nil , they seem to be pretty nocturnal right now as we get close to the full moon. The rubs and scrapes are poppin up everywhere and theres been alot of big bucks getting nailed on the highway which is usually the first sign of the rut.
I'll let ya know what I see this weekend.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:52 PM

This evening I was able to harvest a nice 8 point buck. It has about a 15 inch spread, a nice buck for my first buck of my life. It came in with two smaller bucks, so I'm led to believe they're still in bachelor groups, but it did have a very large neck so the rut has to be nearing. I hunt in central Wisconsin, near Tigerton if anyone is familiar with this small town. I'd have to say that pre-rut is just starting to get underway, rubs are starting to pop up, I'll probably do some scouting tomorrow and see what sign I'm able to find. I'd like to wish everyone the best of luck!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey congrats Pauly! I used to do some hunting on the Tigerton lumber co land. Lots of deer over there!

I'd like to see a pic of your buck if you can post one.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:36 AM

The bucks here are now starting to split up and go on there own. Seen a few with some pretty thick necks.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:08 PM

I hunt in Dunn and St Croix county. Within the last week. Rubs and scraps are showing up in all my spots. Have been seeing alot of small buck on the move while on stand. Went out with the spot light last night. Spotted a big wide 10 point just down the road chasing a lone doe. We checked another hay field about a mile away and saw another smaller 10 with 2 does and 2 fawns beded. When the does got up, the buck chased them around and kept them in front us for awhile. Bucks are chasing does. Seems a little early. The bad news is that the T-Zone hunt starts this week (28th). I will be using my vacation the next 2 weeks to hit it hard. The trial cams our showing us alot of bucks checking scrapes in the early mornings.

Joe
Old 10-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt Shawno cty. east of Birnamwood. Hunted wendsday (the 20th) thru sunday. Wendsday evening had a doe and her fawns feeding on acorns when a fork horn came in. He was grunting and chasing the doe all over the woods. After he was done harassing her he started chasing her fawns. Thought the rest of the week would be interesting but it was really slow after that Only seen a few scrapes so far. Seen some rubs two weeks ago but nothing fresh since............dabow
Old 10-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

SE WI- Saw a small fork harassing does and grunting Friday night. He made a couple of rubs and left. We have that stupid T-zone hunt down here too so I am going out tomorrow afternoon. Did this before T-zone last year and rattled in and shot a huge 9 point. Could lightning strike twice? I doubt it because there is just way too much corn standing.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin Buck Activity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.