Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
Hunting in Mississippi ? >

Hunting in Mississippi ?

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Hunting in Mississippi ?

Old 01-28-2002, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting in Mississippi ?

I want to hunt Mississippi next year and I'm looking for a good guide to go with. But I don't want to break the bank for a hunt, Most places I've contacted run 500.00 a day, my pockets arent that deep. Any suggestions ?

Edited by - drache on 01/31/2002 01:25:48
Old 01-28-2002, 05:20 PM

Default RE: Hunting in Mississippi ?

look up mississippi on the net and got to there hunting and check out there public lands.
like other states they have a lot of mang. areas.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:06 PM

Not sure what you want to hunt, Bow, or gun, but Willow Point has an awesome hunt. Last time I checked i want to say it was around $1000 for a three day hunt.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:40 PM

I have land in MS I will trade a hunt ,for a hunt in your area , the land is in wiggins MS I have 65 acres next to government 18000 acre gorvernment land. If u really want to hunt in MS. you can get a 5 day hunting permit cheaper than that.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:08 PM

358 i have about 2000 acres leased in south ark. lots of deer. you wont need a guide , we will be close. you shoot what you want. you have good deer in mo.?it aint mississippi but good hunting.oh yeah we dont have a 5 star lodge our idea of class is cooking a steak on a open fire and drinking a bud light from the bottle.

Edited by - soarkrebel on 01/29/2002 00:09:49
Old 01-29-2002, 04:02 AM

if season would still be in i would say lets go now. i am going today to put 200 lb of corn in my feeders. i feed the deer year round. give me youre email and i will send pictures of deer's i have killed there. we can set up a hunt for next season. my email is :[email protected]
Old 01-29-2002, 11:04 AM

hello form Mississippi !! I have not looked around but I don't know of any guides in central Mississippi. To help you out i'll tell you that there are some good deer around the miss. river, madison county, the delta. I think the black belts are the locations. My family owns land in central Ms. There are some good ones but there hid in the swamps. Not a guarantee.
The going cost of any guided hunt any where is more than 500$ I was talking to my dad about turkey hunting in missouri maybe we can make a trade ? we have no camp house it'll have to be a motel.
If a guided hunt for wall hangers is what you want the delta is your best shot.
There are several ppl from Ms. on this board If I had my choice Alabama is where I would go. The racks are bigger. Texas is the other spot I would go. For me a deer killed in any other state but my own would not be the same as one killed at home.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:41 AM

bennettredneck to whom is your invite to?
Old 01-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the good advice and kind replies. I don't own any land or a lease in Mo. But if any of you want to come I can stear you in the direction of good hunting, turkeys in South Mo or deer in the best area of North Mo. I know a little place I coul get a couple of ML hunter on in Dec. Big bucks but hard to get. I'm just an unlucky deer hunter,can't seem to be in the right place at the right time. Yes there are big bucks in North Mo but they are hard to come buy uless you are on a good lease and it's impossible to get on a lease in North Mo. There are some really good public bow only areas for nice bucks.I will help any of you guys anyway I can.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Giles Island.com

Edited by - mdbohuntr on 01/30/2002 23:01:15