Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Mississippi River Hunting

Old 10-15-2002, 09:08 PM

Default Mississippi River Hunting

Does anyone have any info on a good guide to hunt the Mississippi out of wisconsin? I have never hunted the river but am planning a 3 or 4 day trip and need some help. Thought maybe a guide would help for at least one day. Any ideas??

Rain comin.....Half mile
Old 10-15-2002, 11:23 PM

Default RE: Mississippi River Hunting

sory

Edited by - STATELINE OUTDOORS WATERFOWL GUIDES on 10/18/2002 16:38:33
Old 10-16-2002, 06:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-16-2002, 07:23 PM

discusdad

Since this is the only one whoe has replied to my post, its better than nothing. I cant believe no one else who is a duck hunter has no info on the upper mississippi. I'm not asking for any specific spots, just some helpful general info: landings, places to stay that allow dogs, anything will help. If you don't want to post on web E-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks

Rain comin.....Half mile
Old 10-16-2002, 08:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-18-2002, 05:34 PM

sorry rngnck this guy has been a big problem for me and my son. i have read all the rules and that is not spam.he must think he owns the web ring we are registered with d.n.r. and we are an up and up guide service with over 10 different guides all over the state of wisconsin we guarntee all are hunts. i lease 250 acres and have1000 decoys myself thats not including the other guides! as far as public grounds go, we offer a variety of hunts. we go were the client wants to go, we show the spots to them and they pick the one to go to. the next morning if they can't see the birds then we scout and find where the birds are to provide a good hunt for them. i dont think that so bad and the reason we are not booked up is we are not just one guide it is a guide ring to provide a variety of hunts. oh well i guess somebody has always got a problem, he must have gotten burnt a time or two. if you want free map's and info then you can e-mail me and i will send it to you and help you in anyway we can.. i'll tell you what, i have a guide that is going to be scouting the lower part of river in a couple days. i will talk to him and see if he will show you the river.( for no charge) hows that for help? let me know<font size=4></font id=size4>

stateline outdoors
Old 10-19-2002, 04:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-19-2002, 04:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-19-2002, 02:07 PM

hey discusdad for one your screen name says it all would you lick it if I post things like this about you

# 1 be warned, there is a lot of fly-by-nighters who get themselve a boat rig and some dekes and call them selves guides. also, be aware that most good guide/club outfits are booked up VERY early, sometimes a year in advance and don't rely on some 2-bit internet site to troll for unwitting clients. demand refernces, check them out, and check some more. and any guide that wants to take you on public ground---forget it!! that just shows you he ain't making very much money.

# 2 then he is inthe same boat as JOE BLOW. public ground can't eliminate SKYBUSTERS, which is what you will more than likely encounter on public ground. if i fork over $200 a day, i want to avoid those hazards for a quality hunt.

#3also, find out right off the bat if the guide will be hunting for his own limit or &quot;helping&quot; you achieve yours. many a hunter gets 1 shot and the guide says NICE SHOT!!! next hunter get ready.. beware the vultures in the guiding business.

I know this thing we posted about us! but i will play by the rules i will not post no moor price's but donut post no moor slander on ave one of a post. and i wont say nuthing about are guide service on a post. (AT ALL)

stateline outdoors
Old 10-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Mississippi River Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.