Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

HEY BUD LIGHT

Old 01-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default HEY BUD LIGHT

what are some of the counties with all these birds i my try to still get a late permit for southern ILL. if i can fit it in between TX and MO
Old 01-29-2002, 09:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HEY BUD LIGHT

Your best count is the kroger. But if you like to hunt turkeys, nobody hunt them in Jefferson and Franklin. Williamson has a lot but not sure of the pressure but has many acres to hunt if you don't mind walking. As for Shawnee forest, just check a map because I am unfamiliar with it until next year. A lot of the birds will cross the Jeff. Franklin line but I would have to pick Jeff if I had to pick a county. Did not know you had to line up your birds before even obtaining a permit. You can also find even more birds in Williamson county. Toss up between Jeff and Wil for me. A lot more isolated in Williamson. If you have some idea of what you are doing I would go to Williamson. If you want to drive around and get out then hunt birds you saw then take jefferson. If you are not from around here them definately go Williamson because a lot of the birds in Jefferson will reside on private property and very near town. You can find flocks of 40-50 right next to the city limit signs in Jefferson. But you need to be one mile out to shoot them. PICK WILLIAMSON IF YOU MUST MAKE A CHOICE. Not sure of the acreage but should have over 200,000 to hunt freely. Search for Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge on the net. I can put a few spottings on your map if you wish but they are everywhere. Hope this helps a little.
Old 01-31-2002, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HEY BUD LIGHT

Thanks BL I'm just putting out feelers there should be permits to draw if i hurry the dnr site lists available permits after the first drawing still waiting to see when texas and mo. fall i may not have time to fit it in but theres always next yr ill print your reply and keep it for later THANK YOU SIR