Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Spike

Default RE: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handles obviously you have trouble understanding logic. I said where I live and huntwhich is right across the river from IOWA specifically CLAYTON AND ALLAMAKEE COUNTIES.
Our terrain is very similar, river bluffs, woods and ag crops. I'm comparing apples to apples as far as the deer area goes. You're right about the shotgun only part they do have that over there. They also have a ton more deer than we do. It's nothing to go over there and see 20-50 deer a night driving around the same type of areaI have over here. I usually see none in my area.My wife drives 50 miles one way to work,PDC to Platteville and sees maybe 15 livedeer a year.When I drove 20 miles to work until this year,I didn't see over 8-10 per year and that was on county roads through the woods and farmland Bagley to PDC. I work with a guy who drives every day from Mount Hope to PDC and he says he sees maybe 6 deer a year. Facts are facts and the EAB was not needed in unit 73D or 74B at all. I also work with a farmer from the cassville area who owns 300 acres of woods and farmland. He did not see a fawn this year when he was out and about working mowing hay, fixing fenceetc. That's the first time he can remember that ever happening, his neighbors were the same way. Very few deer were seen but according to the DNR we have an over abundance. Complete BS.

If you wouldcome down here and drive around in the area I hunt and then go over to Northeast Iowa and drive around there Iknow you will seemore deer in Iowathan you'll see in the area of private ground I hunt on.

I noticed you weretalking about leased ground in Iowa soyou must have missed that part when I saida persons chance is better to shoot a buck of a lifetime on public ground in IOWA than WISCONSIN. I wasn't talking about leased ground. I'll take the deer herd from CLAYTON AND ALLAMAKEE COUTIESin IOWAover GRANT AND CRAWFORD COUNTIES in WISCONSIN anyday.

Iowa does have a lot smaller kill and not as many hunters overall aswe do. Iowa also has a lot of land that is strictly agricultural and doesn't have much for cover. When you look at comparable areas like I am their deer herd is superior in numbers and size to ours. Grant/crawford is comparable to clayton/allamakeein topograghy and cover, if anything I know we have more cover over here than they do over there. The advantage should be in Wisconsins favor but it's not.

It also is funny that you mention the over harvest of deer by some people, if the DNR cared about that they would limit the number of tags that are sold. Fact of the matter is the DNR wants to completely wipe out the deer herd in wisconsin. I and the majority of other hunters want it back the way it was a few years ago when you had to apply for a hunters choice for the chance to shoot a doe.

I can use at the most 2 deer a year and amhappy with one.I don't understand the reasoning of allowing people to shootunlimited deer a year, it does not make sense and is a poor management philosophy.The ones that do that irritate me to no end, you take what you're going to use. However the DNR created that opportunity by letting them buy as many tags as they want.Part hunters fault andpart DNR.

One final question. How many pairs of ROSE COLORED GLASSES did the DNR give you?
Old 12-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ihuntandfish,
Thanks for the vote of support. You are spot on about Doyle. While I don't agree with everything he does, he publicly supports hunting and fishing rights even though he admits he is not an avid outdoorsman.
I'm sure you have noticed that some people on this forum are against theDNR yet are also against theidea that hunters should have anyself control in their harvest efforts. They think that if extra tags are available, that the DNR is forcing people to pull the trigger on multiple deer. They don't realize thatevery individual hunteris in control of the bullet's path.
It is alsoquite frightninghow mr.mc54 jumps down your throat after you mention that you would prefer that convicted felons don't have firearms, and says "not all cops think he's so great". I re-read your statement several times, First of all, I agree with you 100%. Convicted felons should not have firearms,and I didn't see where you ever said anything related to all cops thinking he's great like he implied.But get used to it. On several occasions I used the word "some" which he comprehended as "all".
It is possible thatmr.mc54 has some seriousemotional issue. I suspecthe realizes this and tries to compensate for his inadiquacies by yelling a lot (notice how he uses bold/underline/and capitals to "yell" online?). Don't worry, people like that are rarely taken seriously, but I am concerned that he wants to carry a concealed wepon. As a police officer, I'm sure you are one of the first people to think that maybe not everyone should have a loaded weapon in their posession.
Good luck hunting and fishing, and thanks for doing the important job that you do.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:40 AM
TJD
Fork Horn

I'm sure you have noticed that some people on this forum are against theDNR yet are also against theidea that hunters should have anyself control in their harvest efforts.
NO ONE SAID THAT OR EVEN REMOTELY INFERRED THAT HUNTERS SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY SELF-CONTROL!!! But hey, if it makes you feel better to make stuff up to support your feeble arguments, so be it!

They think that if extra tags are available, that the DNR is forcing people to pull the trigger on multiple deer. They don't realize thatevery individual hunteris in control of the bullet's path.
Again...NO!!! Nice attempt at spin though...did you work for the Clinton Administration during the Lewinsky scandal?? EAB IS a case of the DNR forcing people to pull the trigger, and of forcing hunters to choose a different path for their bullet. That from our DNR!...

Don't worry, people like that are rarely taken seriously,...
Neither are people who suffer from what is known in psychiatric circles as transferrence...those who attribute their own inability to logically respond to factual rebuttal to others...you know, people like you!!

Ihuntandfish,
Thanks for the vote of support. You are spot on about Doyle. While I don't agree with everything he does, he publicly supports hunting and fishing rights even though he admits he is not an avid outdoorsman.
Different poster put up the piece about Doyle. I thought you said
I re-read your statement several times,
?

Yeah, our governor is a real champ for sportsmen! As of 2006, we started spending more on interest payments to service state debt than we spend on our natural resources budget. There is a real friend of hunters!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:44 AM

You guys are hilarious. Comparing Iowa to Wisconsin? You want their deer harvest?You are already complaining about our 300K or so harvest!The ****ing on here would be unreal if we had Iowa's herd. Iowa harvests only about 120,000 deer per year. Thereare only about 250,000 hunters total, and almost the entire state is shotgun only. Go hunt there if you want. just make sure you apply for your out of state tag for about 3 years in advance.
To say Iowa has better hunting is nuts. Sure there are places where it is outstanding, such as the private land/leases that you see on T.V., and there are some big deer in other areas of the state, no question. Low averagehuman population, low# of hunters, and shotgun only helps getage on the bucks, something that I would like to see more of here.But as far as numbers of deer, numbers of bucks, numbers of big bucks, Wisconsin stomps all over Iowa, just check P&Y, B&C, or SCI record books. Handles,I think it's safe to assume you have never hunted in Iowa.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

HANDLES-

I HAVE A RIGHT TO CARRY, THANK YOU!

If you take the guns out of law abiding citizens hands , the criminals will still have guns.
This debate belongs on another thread but to answer your ranting and babling I believe our forefathers meant exactly what they said in the constitution.

When I said not all cops are against concealed carry, I meant exactly that. I didn't degrade the police officer, I stated a fact. I come from a family that has Chief Detectives, Sheriff Deputies and Military Police officers( many of which have served our country to protect us and our CONSTITUTION! So now handles remember that some of us on here may know a little bit about keeping you and yours safe.

Do you belong to the NRA or are they wrong to fight for our freedoms? Lets stay within the bounds of this thread.
IHAVE AND WILL DEFEND OUR COUNTRY TO PROTECT EVEN YOU, SO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING YOU WISH!

I LOST A BROTHER DEFENDING OUR GREAT COUNTRY-WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN?

Old 12-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trapper 22,
I know the areas you are talking about, My sister lived in Lancaster, I spent many days hunting ducks in Bagley, We often drive the Iowa side of the state when going to my father-in-laws farm in Dubuque Co (which I hunt). But if you insist on being right, here are the numbers, these are based off of the 2008 harvest of iowa, and 2007 harvest in Wisconsin (2008 numbers are not available yet) I estimated conservatively because zones do not share county lines (I totally excluded zones 75c and 75d which are partly in Grant county which should account for any"extra" harvestof the other zones that may drift out of Crawford or Grant county lines).
Doe Buck Total
Alamakee County 1821 1401 3549 (button bucksnot listed as buck/doe, but are added in total)
Clayton County339720716134
-----------------------------------------------
Iowa Totals5218 3472 9683
Zone 74B32331958 5197
Zone 73D1829 9592800
Zone 73E 3658 1627 5296
Zone 73B 1847 1222 3074
-----------------------------------------------
WI totals 10,567 5766 16,367

So Trapper, how do those numbers work for your theory that there are more Iowadeer in virtually identical areas of the two states? You still wanttheir numbers?Gossip you hear at the coffee shop or feed mill, or talking to buddies at work do not equate to facts. Finding the facts before spouting off your mouth is a pretty simple thing to do, it's called "google".
You would have to eliminate all of 74B (in the heart of Crawford County) to become equal. You must also remember that Wisconsin has had more hunters in Crawford and Grant counties shooting more deer for yearsand years over the Iowa counties on both public and private land, yet we stillkeep harvestingmore deer than them. Did we in 2008? well, the numbers will tell, and I wouldn't be suprised if 2008 is down due to the harvest of over 10,000 doe last year, but again some of that is on the hunters who take more than their fair share. However 2006,2005,2004, 2003, 2002,2001, and I'll predict 2009,has been and will bea much better harvest ofboth bucks and doe in Wisconsin.The greenest grass is right here, but go ahead and hunt there. I hope you get the buck of your dreams.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mr. mc54.
I personally think you are crazier than a sh*t house rat, and giving you a concealed weapon would cause more harm than good. The one thing I agree with you is that none of this belongs on a wisconsin deer hunting thread. But if you need tobrag about an effingbody count to make yourself feel better, no I never lost a brother, I never had one. Does 2 high school buddies, 1 cousin, 1 uncle, and 4 former students work for you, slimeball?
Old 12-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

HANDLES-

Your logic is funny! It's the best jibberish I have ever read. You are all over the place, mixing posts up and saying things out of context. Why don't you just admit it, you don't know what you are talking about in regards to this thread.You are the onlyone that can take a bunch of numbers and throw them in with a bunch of jibberish and try to sell it as a fact.

WHAT DID YOU TEACH, english OR PERHAPS ethics?

ISUPPOSE DOYLE APPOINTED YOU TO TEACH WHAT A S..T HOUSE RAT IS AND HOW IT ACTS !

HOW DOES SLIMEBALL PERTAIN TO S..T HOUSE RAT? (I was just wondering since you are such an educated scholar.)

YOU KNOW IT ALL IN REGARDS TO DEER HUNTING, NOW PERHAPS, LET ME TWEAK YOUR GENIOUS MIND!

DO YOU FEEL BETTER NOW AFTER CALLING ME NAMES? THE JOKES ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Spike

75D has a very small sliver in grant, very small. As far as 75C I think you're a little off unless you want to count that small of a sliver. Grant county doesn't go to the other side of Dodgeville it ends at Montfort, 15 miles west of Dodgeville. You have to include a couple more counties in IA then. Also take into consideration that73E also encompasses a large chunk of Iowa county. Part of 73B is also a CWD area, although a rather small area.You also are dealing with a CWD zonearea where the DNRs philosophy is kill them all. Do you have any figures for 74B, 73D, and the non CWD area of 73B? If you want to talk land areavs land area with Allamakee and Clayton county see what you come up with. Remember I believe Grant county WI is the largest county in the state. Iowa doesn't have the amount of hunters we do not even close but it's hard to find a disappointedhunter over there as far as the number of deer they see in a years time.

I don't think you realize that yes I do hunt and am out in the woods quite a bit. I do know landowners and huntersin Iowa as well. I also drive and walkaround my hunting area in Wisconsin and I know there are more deer in the same type area in Iowa than in WI. It's not gossip it's fact. I have driven around in clayton county and have seen the deer and I have walked thewoods in IAand seen way more sign over there than over here. I know there may be pockets of higher deer densities but in my huntingarea which is primarily 73D I haven't talked to a person yet that thinks we have an overpopulation problem it's been the opposite. The kill may go up for a year or two as people are forced to shoot does to get a buck tag but in a couple years we're going to be in a sad state of affairs worse than what we have now.

Let's compare apples to apples not oranges. If the DNR has done such a great job why are so many hunters upset? Why do so many say the same thing over and over, they're not seeing the deer period. If weoverhaul the DNR itwould be the best thing for this state.Fire every deer counter and analyst they have. Anyone involved with the deer counting process is history.

I don't horn hunt and am happy with getting one adult deer a year. At most I can use 2 a year but I quite often am done after one. I will keep hunting to try and help move deer for other people. In my area I usually only get one chance at a deer per year because I just don't see many.

Tell the pinheads in Madison that we're having the start of another harsh winter which will hurt the deer herd and the does that do make it through may not be dropping 2 fawns each. With a winter like last year it hurt the population, asa lot ofdoes had only one if any at all. When they get stressed that happens. They talked about a harsh winter for Northern WI last year but failed to mention that he southern part of the state had record snowfall and cold. I'm telling you that because it's common sense and that seems to lacking with the DNR.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Trapper22:

What is the plan in IOWA about CWD. Are they on a eradication course? I hunt in Wyoming and South Dakota and I have heard little if anything in regards to CWD. I have read alot of your posts, and agree with you. I just don't know how many hunters will get envolved at the spring meetings. This bothers me cause this is a cross road for our deer herd. The deer on my farm and other leased land we have is minimal. We went out to look for tracks yesterday and found maybe 4 sets of tracks. The deer usually herd up on my 160 acres and it would not be unusual to see deer not just tracks. The deer used to be in the numbers of 15-20 head. Now look what we have. I think every one on here except a very few has reported that the herd is minimal. Not many are willing to let this trend continue, yet will they step forward and say enough is enough and take action. Why is it that so many are so unhappywith the DNR and they justturn a deaf ear. If we could just be heard and have someone from the DNR listen to everyone who is fed up with this, It would be worth it. Maybe this spring they will.

Quick Reply: wisconsin DNR CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.