Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wisconsin Archery Season, easy to get a non-resident license >

Wisconsin Archery Season, easy to get a non-resident license

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wisconsin Archery Season, easy to get a non-resident license

Old 07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
RT1
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin Archery Season, easy to get a non-resident license

I'm from Michigan,

How easy is it for a out of state non-res. license. Any certain rules& regulations?

thanks for the help.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Spike

Default RE: Wisconsin Archery Season, easy to get a non-resident license

RT1,

Check out the link for non-resident license info:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/caer/cs/nonrestypes.asp

Depending upon which unit you are hunting in you will probably have to shoot a doe before you can shoot a buck.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:10 PM
TJD
Fork Horn

Getting a non-resident tag is fairly easy. To add to Arcus Venator's comments, attachedis alink to the deer management unit map that shows if you need to take a doe before a buck...they are called Earn a buck units. There are also Herd Control Units which have additional antlerless unit hunts in October should you be looking for more opportunities for taking antlerless deer.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/HUNT/DEER/dmu.htm

Also for additional information regarding the regulations involved in hunting in Wisconsin, see the link below:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/hunt/deer/

Good Luck!

Old 07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Spike

It's an over the counter purchase. No draw or anything like that unless you are hunting a limited area like a state park or a military base.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Spike

One additional consideration is that if you purchase your license after ther start of the season it is not valid until three days after the date of purchase. Example:A license purchased on Moday is not valid until Thursday.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is interesting. I did not know that you had to wait 3 days. I will have to remember that for this year!
ORIGINAL: Arcus Venator

One additional consideration is that if you purchase your license after ther start of the season it is not valid until three days after the date of purchase. Example:A license purchased on Moday is not valid until Thursday.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Been this way for many years...

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

That is interesting. I did not know that you had to wait 3 days. I will have to remember that for this year!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Been this way for many years...

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

Personally, I am a big fan of this rule. Keeps people from shooting a deer on their property and then going to buya tag IF they harvest something and want it legal for transportation. I know there was a guy somewhere in Michigan in the last few years that shot a monster nontypical and then went and bought a license. $10 cost him the deer of him dreams. He said he madea mistake and forgot he didn't buy one (so he said)but how many people every year would do this if they didn't implement the wait period.

On a side note, they sellWisconsin licenses in most states bordering WI. I live in Chicago and I know 2 places around the city that sell MI. and Wi. Licenses. Makes it a lot easier than in the 90's to get a license. Check around your home town, the system they use in MI. is very similar to WI., you may be able to find a venor like Bass Pro that can get you your license close to home. I know Bass Pro in Gurnee, IL does WI. Licenses and I think MI. I have a place closer to me that does my MI. so I don't use them for that. Sorry for the longer post, just trying to save you some time.