Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions >

Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions

Old 04-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

ORIGINAL: turkey harvester

Yes everyone wants the ar to come to misssouri. Are they going to let us shoot more does?
How many do you want to shoot??? Isn't Unlimited enough???
i was thinking the same thing
Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

Not every county in mo has unlimited tags. Do your homework. All I was saying is that if the conservation is going to put a size limit on bucks are they going to allow more does in EVERY COUNTY to be harvested. This debate could go on for ever, some people want it some don't care. Why don't they let the public vote on sectioning missouri off and run dogs? Another topic that could go on for ever.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: turkey harvester

Why don't they let the public vote on sectioning missouri off and run dogs? Another topic that could go on for ever.

I hope Missouri will NEVER allow that. It's hard enough to keep some hunters off your property let alone some yahoo's mutts. Although some dogs might recognize POSTED property better.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since they started the AR in Northern Mo. we have been volunterally following the same rules on our Farm here in Southeast Mo.,and several other property Owners around us have been doing the same with some really great results of larger Bucks on their Farms while others have not been letting the smaller Bucks walk and have been shooting anything that comes within range,thats fine but when you have older Hunters that have hunted for years and have shot plenty of deer in their life times and theyshootSpike Bucks or Deer that has 1 side broken off from sparring when they could have let the Deer walk and shoot a Doe instead need to have AR's in their area's.I used to not like the idea of of AR's but as time went on and we have invested more time and money in our property it would be nice to have bigger Bucks in our area and it will take having AR's state wide to improve the deer quality.

I hope they don'timpose AR's on the younger Youth Hunters so they can get some experience hunting Bucks and maybe shoot any Bucks that would have inferior racks or to have a chance at shooting a decent 1st Buck!

How do they keep the Hunters honest with the Tele-check System?
If someone calls in that they shot a 7-Point Buck or larger legal Buck if there are any doubts the MDC can call on that person to see if they are telling the truth or check at the local Meat Packing Company.Sure there will be some dis-honest people out there that won't follow the rules or guidlines but that is where use honest Hunters have to report anyone that is poaching or cheating the system because it hurts everyone if someone is illeagally killing/hunting Deer!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just heard that they are doubling the number of counties in miisouri to be under antler restriction. around 60 from what i heard.

just my opinion......YEEEEEEAAAAAA
Old 05-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

They listed some of the Counties that will be under the new AR regulations in MO. and I don't think they added very many on south of St. Louis...at least they didn't have our County on there?

They did change the Youth Deer Season to 2 Seasons and I believe they are Nov 1-2 2008 and Jan 3-4 2009.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:51 PM

Where is the list? I just checked the MDC website but didnt see the updated list.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i wanna see the list too
and for the youth deer season being doubled i like that a lot
Old 05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

this is all i see right now
counties

Old 05-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like nothing has been released other than opening days for archery and rifle season. We've got another month to go before the announcements are scheduled.

Quick Reply: Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.