Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota hunters >

Minnesota hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota hunters

Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Minnesota hunters

Hey guys, not much going on in South Eastern Mn, either. Just wondering if you guys are using any scents yet, and if you are, what are you using? I made my first mock scrape of the year last night (6th of October). I used some Primetime doe urine in the scrape, but I forgot to put anything on the licking branch.[:@] I am finding a ton of rubs, but not a whole lot of scrapes. Anyone using a drag rag yet?
Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Spike

BigDaddy12t where about in S.E. MN are ya from?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I live in Austin, and work in Grand Meadow. How about you?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Spike

Born, raised, and still living in Rochester.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

I'm north of bemidji, and have been watching bucks sparring in my field lately. Had 29 deer in field lasst night and had 3 matches going on at one time. Neat to watch. A few scrapes in my pasture, but just territorial markings. Bowhunted near nestor Falls Ontario this past weekend, and scrapes/rubs were everywhere. I passed on 9 smaller bucks and had a 140" class come near, but no shot offered. Hopefully this weekend he'll come by again. happy hunting! Taz
Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Spike

Hello BiggDaddy12 do you know of any decent WMA's to bow hunt in the area? I lived in Austin for 6yrs. My wife is from Brownsdale and we now live in Geneva. I started bow hunting again after a long break and that was in WI were I was raised. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Spike

Taz, Ive hunted the Bemidji area the past few years. Down around the Schoolcraft Refuge on private land. Wont be going back, I lost my connection to the land. Good area up there though, so Im not surprised when you say you saw 20+ deer in the field. Good luck to ya!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Spike

Check out the MN DNR link below...
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/wmas/county_list.html?mode=itemfeaturequery&slayer= counties&qitem=cty_abbr&qstring=MOWE&m ap=/usr/local/www/docs_maps/wildlife/wma/county_list.map

Old 10-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Tribal &Rackluster on your success! (and everyone else who scored)
I had some luck this weekend! I shot a nice doe on Saturday night. I was sitting in the oaks & she was with two others, a button buck and smaller doe, eating every acorn in sight. Her stomach was FULL with the normal browse and a ton of acorns.Can't wait to get back out this weekend..
Good luck everyone!!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM

New guy to forums from MN as well. I live in the east metro but hunt up north near Wolf Lake.

Saw a few does up and about but no buck activity yet.

Quick Reply: Minnesota hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.