Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Missouri point restrictio0ns >

Missouri point restrictio0ns

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Missouri point restrictio0ns

Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Missouri point restrictio0ns

If I'm notmistaken this is the last year for point restrictions in Missouri. How has it affected your hunting and has there been any improvement in deer with larger antlers in your area? Up in Northeast Missouri where I hunt it has been a big improvement. Although I'm not a horn hunter I haveenjoyed the experimental season and hope it has worked out well for fellow hunters. I think it may become permanent.

Spudrow from Mo

Old 07-03-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missouri point restrictio0ns

I like it and I wish it would contiue.I think it atleast makes some hunters look before they shoot.Around here it is hard to get my fellow hunters to let them walk,up to 5 years or so old.I am a head hunter and just love to watch them grow.I have always said there body is a life support system for there antlers.Here is my 06 pic.I live around Moberly in central Mo.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish we would do it in Minnesota.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Dan, nice buck. What did he score? I live in the St. Louis area but I hunt north of Kirksville. It's a great spot and we are starting to see some fine bucks lately. I think this is tied directly to the restrictions.

Spudrow
Old 07-04-2007, 12:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks ,he net scored 155.5. Kirksville is a great area,I have seen some really nice bucks from there.It is a good thing they have started ,I just hope it will go for a few more years.We have the genetics just not the age around here.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

You state that this is the last year for the point restrictions in Missouri.....so they are going to quit with the restriction all together?I live in Southeast Missouri and recieved a questioner from the MDC and they asked ifI would want the antler restrictions for our area?

At first I wasn't too thrilled about having any kind of restrictions but if you want to have bigger and better Bucks you have to let the smaller Deers go and let them mature.We have been doing our own self inforced restrictions on our 100 acre Farm and it has been helping with getting bigger Bucks over the last few years....only sad part is the adjoining neighbors do not let the smaller Bucks walk and they have been shooting Spike Bucks and smaller racked bucks....heck last year they shot a young 2 year old Buck that had 1 side of his rack broke off. I had that Buck on my trail camera and watched him grow with the hopes of harvesting him when he had a nice rack worthy of being mounted,so now I can see why Antler Restrictions would benefit everyone.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

GTO. This the last year for the experiment. The conservation commission may keep it in the regs. I thinkthat questionaire you received will help them determine the future. I think most hunters are for it. I am. It's a good thing for most everyone. Just my opinion.

Spudrow
Old 07-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

Dan, yes the northeast part of the state is a good place to hunt. We've been hunting up there for 10 years or so. There have been some nice bucks taken off the property. Turkeys as well. It is a sportsman paradise.
Good luck this year.

Spudrow
Old 07-11-2007, 12:16 PM

I love it I really want it to keep going its worked great.