HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Missouri point restrictio0ns
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 AM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Missouri point restrictio0ns

You state that this is the last year for the point restrictions in Missouri.....so they are going to quit with the restriction all together?I live in Southeast Missouri and recieved a questioner from the MDC and they asked ifI would want the antler restrictions for our area?

At first I wasn't too thrilled about having any kind of restrictions but if you want to have bigger and better Bucks you have to let the smaller Deers go and let them mature.We have been doing our own self inforced restrictions on our 100 acre Farm and it has been helping with getting bigger Bucks over the last few years....only sad part is the adjoining neighbors do not let the smaller Bucks walk and they have been shooting Spike Bucks and smaller racked bucks....heck last year they shot a young 2 year old Buck that had 1 side of his rack broke off. I had that Buck on my trail camera and watched him grow with the hopes of harvesting him when he had a nice rack worthy of being mounted,so now I can see why Antler Restrictions would benefit everyone.