Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Deer Pins >

Illinois Deer Pins

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Deer Pins

Old 10-16-2006, 11:01 AM

Default RE: Illinois Deer Pins

In regards to the tags I was wondering too how many tags will get blown or ripped off driving down the highway after a successful hunt. Can't you see it now you just left your hunting spot driving home, you get pulled over by the cop for who knows what a behold your damn tag has also blown off so now you have a dead deer in your truck not even tagged.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:12 PM

I sent the following email to the Illinois DNR, Accompanied is their reply to me

"I was shocked to find that this year deer harvest pins are not being mailed out. I find it odd that in order to get one we have to drive somewhere to get one. Is there any way that this will be changed or that we will be able to get pins somewhere else such as local hunting stores?
Just a question from a concerned hunter. I know on some of the hunting web forums out there this is really being talked up a lot and there are a lot of unhappy hunters across the state of Illinois.

Thanks"

Here is the reply I recieved today from the IL DNR

"Thank you for your concerns and please spread the word that we are doing the following.
For the harvest pins, the locations listed on our website are currently the only locations with pins. We are in the process of distributing the pins to the DNR Direct vendors that choose to be a distribution center.
It will be a few weeks before they are available and we will post the vendors to our website http://dnr.state.il.us/deer_pins . Please be patient.
Thanks
Deb"

Thought you all would appreciate this update. Hopefully things get turned around. If enough voices are heard things can get changed

Old 10-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

So I walked into the Region 2 office in Bartlett at 1:30 this afternoon and was greeted by a sign on the receptionist's desk that says."No receptionist on duty". Of course there is no sign telling you what to do.

After a few minutes of standing around I finally walked through to the office area and guess what I found?

Nothing! Not a sole in sight. So I go back to the reception desk and I notice a sign flipped over on the desk that reads,"So and So is the receptionist, go to the second windowed cubicle on the left".

So, I go around to the left and So and So is not at her desk. I go back to the front again and this time I called their phone # and punched "O" to get ahold of someone. A woman answers and I tell her I am at the front desk. She comes out and to her credit was very nice and she knew without asking that I was there to get a deer pin. She reached under the desk and asked me how many I wanted. Being a mostly honest guy I only took one.

The woman did let me know that no one in the DNR is happy with Blago, I let her know that the Outdoosman of Illinois are going to do everything that we can to can that piece of crap.

Just thought I would share this with the group.

Good Hunting,
Bowflex
Old 10-19-2006, 05:55 AM

ORIGINAL: jadepe

I sent the following email to the Illinois DNR, Accompanied is their reply to me

"I was shocked to find that this year deer harvest pins are not being mailed out. I find it odd that in order to get one we have to drive somewhere to get one. Is there any way that this will be changed or that we will be able to get pins somewhere else such as local hunting stores?
Just a question from a concerned hunter. I know on some of the hunting web forums out there this is really being talked up a lot and there are a lot of unhappy hunters across the state of Illinois.

Thanks"

Here is the reply I recieved today from the IL DNR

"Thank you for your concerns and please spread the word that we are doing the following.
For the harvest pins, the locations listed on our website are currently the only locations with pins. We are in the process of distributing the pins to the DNR Direct vendors that choose to be a distribution center.
It will be a few weeks before they are available and we will post the vendors to our website http://dnr.state.il.us/deer_pins . Please be patient.
Thanks
Deb"

Thought you all would appreciate this update. Hopefully things get turned around. If enough voices are heard things can get changed
They never replied to me but I was a little ticked when I wrote it.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well so far this has all been regarding archery pins, right?

What is going to be the protocall when shotgun (firearms) season takes place?

And yes GOV. BLOWGO is a thieving jerk ("reappropriated" over 61 million dollars from DNR to other things he deemed more needy). I hope now that his right hand man, Tony Resko, has been indicited and is a fugitive from justice it will break his campaign. 2 crooks.

I'd like to see some Beechnut in that Gov's eye!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

my processor has both archery and shotgun pins at their store
Old 10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Typical Buck

Whole list of vendors on line (13 pages) of everyone that has pins on site to hand out.

http://dnr.state.il.us/admin/systems/Pdfs/06DeerPinVendors.pdf
Old 10-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also sent a letter and got no response what so ever, but that could have been due to the fact that I made a pretty bad statement of our democratic run state out of chicago. My bad I guess. But I did basically say I would rather pay 5-15 bucks to order one rather than spend 35 bucks in gas to get one.

Well,I guess there is one within 30 miles now. It is actually the last check station location we had. Alot of the places on the list that were some what close to me look like old check stations. Glad they did something for us, but they prolly only sent a few to each place and they will run out. Are they requesting tag numbers when you go to get them I hope?