Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Illinois Deer Pins??? >

Illinois Deer Pins???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois Deer Pins???

Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois Deer Pins???

Has anyone here tagged a deer with a bow in the state of Illinois for the 2005 season and received their pin from the state? I tagged one and checked it in by phone on Nov. 8th and still have not gotten my pin. I called IDNR over 2 months ago and they said "they ran out and were getting more in. I should be getting one within a week". Just curious if anyone else having the same problem. Can't wait for election so we can vote this !@&$#^*! tree huggin Gov. out of office.
Thanks,
Just had to vent
Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Deer Pins???

Shot four deer, the first one on Nov. 13, and only received two pins. I got on their web site and the way I understood it, there are no more pins and they won't be getting any more. Maybe I read it wrong, but I'm not expecting any more pins in the mail.

By the way, I don't think the Governor organized the deer pin program.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Site Buck Guru

I shot one Nov. 2nd and did not recieve my pin. I forgot about it until I saw your post. I guess I won't lose any sleep over it but it shows that something is wrong with their methods.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Site Bouncer

I got all ofthe pins I requested, as I recall they all came in a timely manner. I killedmore deer,but after requesting the first two pins I figured that was enough so I neverasked forany more after that. How in the heck did they run out??? It's not like they cost that much to make.....unbelievable!

If they keep up with all of these cut backs with the ILDNR it will be a miracle if anything ever goes smooth again in this state.

Sad...truely sad[]
Old 04-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

i shot 4 and got all mine. this was pretty early in the year though.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got my 4 for bow but only got 1 of my gun pins. I filled my bow tags early and requested the pins early. Blago may have not had anything to do with the organization of the deer pins but I'm ready for him to go.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

My bro and I both scored in early Nov. and requested pins then, but none ever came. So I requested them again in early March, and got them in about 10 days. Try re-requesting them. Might work, unless they're out.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I have never heard of this Pin thing. What is it about. I dont think Texas has this.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

We get a pin everytime we shoot a deer. Until this year we would just go to the check in station and they would give us one but now that blogo got rid of the check in stations we have to fill out a form online to receive them. there a different color each year and different colors for bow and gun.

Old 04-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I dont like the call in check that we have now.I think it sucks.I likedGabbing at the check station with fellow hunters and getting the pins there .The greeen ones are bowhunting ones and the colored ones are firearms pins.If you want to spend the money you can call Lynne Trout and get ones that you don't have or may have lost.I lost one from the 2001 season and ended up buying one from Lynn Trout.I like collecting them from previous seasons.

Quick Reply: Illinois Deer Pins???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.