Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Illinois Deer Pins >

Illinois Deer Pins

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Illinois Deer Pins

Old 10-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Illinois Deer Pins

Cougar Mag brought up an interesting point that I've thought about quitea bit. What do you think, with the absence of Check stations, has poaching increased?

ShawneeSlinger
Old 10-09-2006, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

I would say that there probably is an increase. The way the systm works now, there are many ways unethicial hunters can take a deer and never contact the state's automated system.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Don K

I wonder how many will be ripped off the animal before they make it out of the woods. Good idea, but these things need to be improved.

Don
Chalk up 1. My leg tag came off a doe I shot last wednesday while I was dragging it through the brush. Went back to look for it but couldn't find it. I just waited till I got to the car and put the head tag on it.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:59 AM

If you define poaching as breaking ANY law, then I say yes, I'm sure that there are deer being shot, tagged, taken home, and processed without reporting it. Some guys would see it that as long as the (correct)tag is used only once, no foul.

If you are talking about shooting deer at night from roads, and just taking them home, I say that there is no noticeable increase. Check stations never did anything to prevent that anyway, the risk is the same.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

When you guys are talking about losing the tag, is it because you think the tag will tear or the string will come off?

Don't quite a few other states have these same 'provide your own fastener' tie on type tags? (WI comes to mind) They kill a lot more deer up in WI. I'd hate to think it works for them because the Cheeseheads know how to bring a piece of string and tie a better knot than us FIB's.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Christine, I do love your avatar! Right on!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

That is the best avatar yet Christine. Hes ruined lots for us hunters.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

BAH, I hate these new ways, I want the ol check stations!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:00 PM

I sent em a complaint. This state is going to hell.

Deer Pins

I don't know who this needs to go to, there is no complaint department listed.[/align][/align]I understand this year we have to go to a regional headquarters to get out deer pins. Should we bill the state for our gas milage? This is a blatant attempt to stop giving them out to successful hunters. Last year they do away with check stations, but never fear we'll mail them. This year we have to go to a regional HQ. Next year we'll hear how few hunters wanted them and they are discontinuing them. I guess the DNR is to lazy to send them to the local offices and too cheap to mail them. Next year I guess I'll be too cheap to buy permits and won't hunt. [/align][/align][/align]I checked Mapquest for the distances.[/align][/align]Alton - 94.34 miles
Springfield - 76.40 miles
Benton - 211.88 miles
Clinton - 132.65 miles
Bartlett - 280.60 miles
Sterling - 192.49 miles
[/align][/align]
Old 10-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

Wheres our hunting dollars going? Cheap Bastards!

Quick Reply: Illinois Deer Pins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.