Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-28-2006, 05:56 AM

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Well, congrats to all who filled their tags so far.

I went Sunday morning and evening, even cut my vacation a day short to come home and hunt. I saw one deer, actually, I didn't even see it, my husband spotted it at about 250 yards (he was sitting with me).

I'm completely bummed. I was really hoping to get one Sunday. I promised myself I would make myself stop after Sunday no matter what the outcome was. I am only 3 weeks away from having this baby and at this point, it is not safe for me to be going out there by myself, and there are no more opportunities for my husband to tag along before the season ends this weekend. This was my 4th year hunting, and first unsuccessful year. I had made it a big goal to get a deer before my "time" was up. About 5 minutes before legal shooting time was up Sunday, I couldn't help it, but the tears just started flowing down my face. I felt like I had failed myself and felt so defeated. I knew Sunday was my last hoorah this year.

I did have a good year, although I didn't come up with a deer, I made some great memories, saw some beautiful bucks and even missed a shot with my bow at a 150-160 class, tall racked beauty of a buck. I ended up with 6 bucks in bow range this year, something went wrong with all of them, but it was still the best season I've had so far in that aspect.

I got to sit with my mom (prior anti), who took her first deer. I gutted my first deer out(mom's)with no help, I learned so much this year as well. I guess in that aspect it was successful, but I still can't help but be depressed over not getting one.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

This is a great site that highlights some great Indiana bucks. This is the main deer check station in our area. The owner has been taking pictures for years. Check out the trophy page. On the second page for 2006 there is an awesome 19 point non-typical. Does anyone else know of any sites like this? http://www.genesoutdoors.com/
Old 11-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: D Rock

This is a great site that highlights some great Indiana bucks. This is the main deer check station in our area. The owner has been taking pictures for years. Check out the trophy page. On the second page for 2006 there is an awesome 19 point non-typical. Does anyone else know of any sites like this? http://www.genesoutdoors.com/
I dont live anywhere near that area, but i always check out that site every year. Always some monster bucks on there. Yours is on there now isnt is D rock? The other sites i visit are hoosierhunting.com/Huntingindiana/and indianasportsman.com. They all have picture galleries and good deer hunting discussions.

BHG, good luck with everything. Im amazed that you were able to get out there at all. I can remember my wife at that stage and she tired so easily. I have had to eat my fair share of tags before, sometimes by choice, sometimes by mistakes. It just makes you look forward to next season even more and makes you appreciate every deer that you are fortunate enough to kill. At 3 weeks away, you arre right it's probably the best decision to hang it up for now. My little boy came a week and a half earlier then expected so you never know. Go get em next year.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Best of luck BHG
Old 11-28-2006, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah bigbuck00 mine is on there. I am in there with the 22 Nov deer. I actually took mine in Monroe county but Gene put that I got in Morgan county. Maybe he mistyped it because my last name is Morgan. Who knows thought. Thanks for those other sites. I will have to check them out.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

I dont live anywhere near that area, but i always check out that site every year. Always some monster bucks on there. Yours is on there now isnt is D rock? The other sites i visit are hoosierhunting.com/Huntingindiana/and indianasportsman.com. They all have picture galleries and good deer hunting discussions.
bigbuck00.. I too visit Hoosierhunting... but I can't get those other 2 sites you listed to work. I've been to a couple before but I can never seem to remember the URLs....
Old 11-28-2006, 07:15 PM

Any Indiana Hunters out there that do any bird hunting ?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey since colipd said something out hunting for birds. I want to start turkey hunting in the spring. I dont have any turkeys around me. Just wondering where is a good place to hunt turkeys. I live in northeast indiana.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

where do you live deerhunter we have some nice gobblers around me

Old 11-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KBacon

bigbuck00.. I too visit Hoosierhunting... but I can't get those other 2 sites you listed to work. I've been to a couple before but I can never seem to remember the URLs....
Here are the links. http://www.indianasportsman.com/
http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com/...Should take you right to both of them.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.