HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana Hunters
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 05:56 AM
Buck Huntin Girl

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Well, congrats to all who filled their tags so far.

I went Sunday morning and evening, even cut my vacation a day short to come home and hunt. I saw one deer, actually, I didn't even see it, my husband spotted it at about 250 yards (he was sitting with me).

I'm completely bummed. I was really hoping to get one Sunday. I promised myself I would make myself stop after Sunday no matter what the outcome was. I am only 3 weeks away from having this baby and at this point, it is not safe for me to be going out there by myself, and there are no more opportunities for my husband to tag along before the season ends this weekend. This was my 4th year hunting, and first unsuccessful year. I had made it a big goal to get a deer before my "time" was up. About 5 minutes before legal shooting time was up Sunday, I couldn't help it, but the tears just started flowing down my face. I felt like I had failed myself and felt so defeated. I knew Sunday was my last hoorah this year.

I did have a good year, although I didn't come up with a deer, I made some great memories, saw some beautiful bucks and even missed a shot with my bow at a 150-160 class, tall racked beauty of a buck. I ended up with 6 bucks in bow range this year, something went wrong with all of them, but it was still the best season I've had so far in that aspect.

I got to sit with my mom (prior anti), who took her first deer. I gutted my first deer out(mom's)with no help, I learned so much this year as well. I guess in that aspect it was successful, but I still can't help but be depressed over not getting one.