HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Midwest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest-25/)
-   -   Indiana Hunters (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/midwest/157510-indiana-hunters.html)

Pat Curtis 09-23-2006 12:10 PM

Indiana Hunters

We've had one of these the past few years, and has been one of the hottest threads in the Midwest forum. I see a few Indiana hunters posting from time to time..might as well make 1 thread and update it when we all can. [8D]

Just over a week away until bow season starts October 1st. On our trail cam in LaGrange Co, we got some great deer pictured. I for one hope this cool weather keeps up..I can't wait! Plus this year, we get an extra week of hunting, being that firearm season starts a week later this year.

I pray to everything HolyI get my bow back before next week. Yesterday I was shooting it at the Huntington archery range, and my cam let go. Ruined my string and lost a Harmonic Dampener. Bah!

psychobubba 09-24-2006 06:16 AM

RE: Indiana Hunters

bummer about your bow hope you get it back 6 days 14 hr 15 mins

Pat Curtis 09-24-2006 10:39 AM

Supposed to have it back Friday afternoon...which would give me Saturday to fine tune it.

1 week from now, I'll be in a tree stand! [8D]

bnzartman 09-24-2006 09:51 PM

I'm pumped for this year. I went from being able to hunt 1 farm in Kosciusko County to 4 farms now. Looks like a big cool down starting Friday. Sunday morning is supose to be in the upper 30's to low 40's. You can't ask for more than that on October 1st. I shot well at Bass N Bucks in Wabash Saturday. The new Bowtech Allegiance is ready for its first kill. I know my wife is not too pumped up for the season to begin. Oh well, tis the season.

StealthHtr22 09-25-2006 09:49 AM

Here in Vanderburgh Co. we've been hunting since the 15th. This weather has really been nice. Been seeing a lot of deer already too! Passed up about 20 does and 4-5 small bucks.

Pat Curtis 09-25-2006 11:04 AM

As it appears now, Thur-Sun is supposed to be fairly cool. I BETTER have my bow by Friday..or heads will roll.

kevin1 09-25-2006 11:40 AM

I wasn't able to get my ladder stand up this past weekend due to the torrential rain , but I'm gonna try to get it in place this afternoon , other than that I'm as ready as I'll ever be .

Buck Huntin Girl 09-25-2006 05:36 PM

I'm here... I show up every year at hunting season... :) I've always got to see what the competition is like ;)

I am in Allen County, but hunt in Noble. Have corn planted in every field surrounding our hunting grounds, so it ought to be a gooooood year!

monster10rackstack 09-25-2006 08:34 PM

Hey everybody im ready for season too this season looks to be a great one since ive picked up a lot more ground around north manchester where im at college. plus i still got my grounds in noble, dekalb, and steuben. did anybody her how the youth season went

Parrot Head 09-26-2006 06:04 AM

I have been shooting the bow every night off of the wood shed. I shot the guns this past week-end to check them out. All food plots were cut the 1st of Sept to allow good growth back. Both the clover and alfalfa look great. Drilled in some oats about 2 weeks ago. I believe we have 97 days this year. So I am ready for 97 straight days of deer hunting. Going for 100% attendance again. Good luck all