Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

WAY too foggy to hunt this morning. Couldn't see 50 yards until 9am. Did see a train of does right at 7am in a thicket..about 15 of them.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

We bow hunted hard the last week before firearms w/o any success.. saw a few deer.. but not many. Saw very little chasing or rutting activity. VERY Cold and rainy during the middle of the week... That all changed towards the end of the week... after the rain we saw a couple of nice bucks chasing Fri morning... then saturday morning Firearms Opener.. I shot a nice little 10 pointer.. in Orange County near Patoka.. Iconsidered passing on this buck... for about 2 seconds.I heard 66 shots before I took this one at 9:30 AM. My largest to date!!! Killed on public land to boot!!! Field dressed 185 w/ his head still touching the ground.

A buddy that was with us took a nice 11 pointer on sunday morning... Also killed on public land!!! Field dressed 180 w/ head still touching the ground.

And a father and son got a double on 8 pointers Saturday evening... was the son's first deer.. and yes it's bigger than dad's!!!

Old 11-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

After missing an 8 pointer on Saturday I finally connected on my first buck. He is a bruiser 11 pointer weighing in at 180lbs. I have been deer hunting now for 10 years or so and I am so glad to finally take a buck. I couldn't have asked for a better first buck. I posted the story in the Deer Hunting forum if you want to read it. This is a Hoosier buck for ya. Let me know what you think he will score. http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/555965896tSqgSt
Old 11-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

D Rock... that's a very nice deer.... looks pretty similar to the one I shot this year pictured above.

Where/when did you take him?
Old 11-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, yours is quite a bruiser. I took him on Wednesday at 11:40 in the northwest corner of Monroe county on my family's property.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some monster bucks guys. Congrats on some great deer. Hopefully one day i get a crack at one like that.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, great job guys!

Heading out there in a minute...but it looks to be foggy once again.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody seeing anything been out past two days jumped two does other then that nothing. This 60 stuff has got to go. Looks like next wednesday the weather turns cold again.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent been back out huting since Tuesday night. Last evening however i took my brother for a cruise around where i hunt and we seen at least 30 deer in the field. Seen 2 dink bucks the rest were does. Tonight i seen about 10 just outside the city limits. I might head out in the AM, i got a doe tag to fill for myself and my mother in law is wanting one as well so i may purchase the 15 dollar 2nd tag and take another one for her. I wont get too trigger happy though simply becuase i dont wanna be done yet.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw about 10 does/fawns running around this morning..then 830am a guy who hunts next to me wonders onto our property. He's a really cool guy...but likes to walk around a lot. He did kick a 6pt up after he walked back onto his land..the deer ran right past me. Neat little buck.

This afternoon was great. Got back out around noon..shot my shotgun to make sure it was good..just a habit. Walked towards my stand..and the old farmer next to me started shelling his corn field (FINALLY). Deer were running out everywhere. He got done, had 22 deer wondering around in front of me to my 2'oclock...all does/fawns. One of the bigger does got a little too close..and got a Lightfield right thru her. Dropped 20 yards later. Field dressed 154#...just a little under the doe I shot last year.

What sucked about the whole situation was, I was alone. Usually I have a couple guys with me. So dragging and putting it in the truck was not very fun. Had to toss her over a fence...literally..over the fence. I have blood everywhere on me..but it's all good.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.