Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 12-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

I went this evening an jumped a few on the way in, other then that it was dead. Hope this cool down gets them moving. Im not seeing much movement at all over my food sources which is real surprising at this time of the year.

Oh and one other thing..Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey think gonna beat them Colts. Hope all the Bengals fan had a safe ride home tonight
Old 12-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Between the unseasonable weather and the fact that they cut the beans and corn very late down here I've probably seen 6 deer in as many weeks . One of the most disappointing seasons I've had in several years .
Old 12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Drove up north to get my meat from the doe I shot a few weeks back...deer were in every other field off of I69 around 445pm. Most were grouped up..some fields had 30+ deer within several acres! Don't see that up north too often.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally got a deer in close enough for a shot tonight and blew it. Found about 5 little specs of blood where she was standing and then that was it. She jumped a fence, ran across a huge corn field and went into the neighbors woods. Had to stalk to even get to this deer. I had to put 5 times the effort to even get into position for a shot on this doe then i did for my buck i killed. It has been a horrible muzzy season for me so far, i have hunted almost every night this last week and seen about 8 deer. This weather sucks. Warm, windy, rainy. Going to try again this weekend and then thats all for me.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should have done something meaningful and gone hunting. How a defense can be this horrid with a "defensive minded coach" (in which I don't buy) is beyond me.

Fire Meeks and the ST coordinator. Basically, we're wasting away another Manning year.
Old 12-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, bad day all the way around here Pat. Went hunting this morning looking for a doe. Didnt see a single doe, instead i had 2 bucks less then 20 yards from me. Go figure. Watched the game and hadnt planned on going hunting tonight, after the game i was so furious i told my wife i had to go hunt to calm down. So i drive out to the place where i killed my buck, seen 6 does, at about 100 yards. Too far for me to shoot with my open sights so i had to eat a doe tag. Im still pizzed about that game, Manning deserves better. Were gonna be one an done in the playoffs, just blew a 2 seed and a bye. Absolutely ridiculous all the way around i dont even know what to say. Im out of words to describe it after this entire month and a half. Hey, remember man, im Marvelous88 over at Coltpower, i seen you chatting it up there today. Ed seems like an alright guy at all, but i think he did way too much thinking when he wrote those articles blaming our O.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbuckOO

Yeah, bad day all the way around here Pat. Went hunting this morning looking for a doe. Didnt see a single doe, instead i had 2 bucks less then 20 yards from me. Go figure. Watched the game and hadnt planned on going hunting tonight, after the game i was so furious i told my wife i had to go hunt to calm down. So i drive out to the place where i killed my buck, seen 6 does, at about 100 yards. Too far for me to shoot with my open sights so i had to eat a doe tag. Im still pizzed about that game, Manning deserves better. Were gonna be one an done in the playoffs, just blew a 2 seed and a bye. Absolutely ridiculous all the way around i dont even know what to say. Im out of words to describe it after this entire month and a half. Hey, remember man, im Marvelous88 over at Coltpower, i seen you chatting it up there today. Ed seems like an alright guy at all, but i think he did way too much thinking when he wrote those articles blaming our O.
I couldn't believe some people bought in to that BS! It ticks me off to the point I laugh. It is clear that the offense feels the need to press, something Manning hasn't done for a couple/few years (with the exception of a few games)...all b/c the defense can NOT be trusted to stop anyone.

I think I made a post in the game thread about how long it's gonna take for someone blaming the offense to show up..just poking fun at that whole thing.

I look at every other team playing against the run (even some teams in nickel/dime situations), biggest difference is size (front 7 mainly). Second difference is often times we still play the pass on 1st down..rushing blindlyaway from the play. By that time, their Olineisputting our LB's face first into the ground, and our tiny DB's have to make the stop (thus getting injured).

I can't wait to here Polian's BS radio show. I'm a fan of his, but sooner or later he's going to have to pin this on Dungy, Meeks, Defense, and ST's. Our offense is doing great IMO if you figure in the fact we don't have Stokely and Clark.

Injuries have killed the defense, but I REALLY hope Simon's body gets it together..letting him play next year. Along those samelines, some-how keep Booger and Reagor. Move Brock to DE, let Mathis play ST's and situational pass rusher. Draft a LB in the 1st round, then again possibly in the 3rd. I wouldn't mind picking up another RB to spell Addai (I hope Rhodes is gone) too, a bigger back would be great. Also, a slot receiver in the 2nd day (a taller possesion type) would be nice as well.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

HOPE EVERYBODY IS HAVING A MERRY CHRISTMAS

well guysi dont want to comment on the game but after a terrible gun season and a bad muzzy season i was able to take a nice 2 1/2 year old doe ondec 23 same day i tagged my late season one last year hope to put a picture up later
Old 12-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Was out yesterday and saw 14 does and two bucks, I was walking bck to my truck when I saw a big 8 and dropped my stand and tried to cut him off at the back of the property, I saw another 4 does near the back, but no buck, it is amazing how they dissappear.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

well late bow season is about up. i havent been out since muzzleloader. it was a good season no deer in the freezer this year. had a great season and cant wait till next year. time to put up the camera and see whats left for next year.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.