Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-19-2006, 08:35 AM

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Well, I got out yesterday morning, along with hop-a-long hubby (broken foot from car accident)... saw one buck, but as soon as I saw him, he disappeared into the thick set aside field never to be seen again. I would say he was probably a good sized 8 or so at 100 yards, woulda been down if I'd have gotten a clear shot and kept sight of him.

Last night I took my mom for the first time... she got a buck, but it was an interesting time... check the deer hunting or off season forum for the complete story, but she ended up knocking her tooth out, I had to gut the deer (first time ever), and the drag was horrible considering our deer cart broke about 280 yards away from the truck. [&o] We had called her best friend's husband to come help get the deer out, so we had a 56 year old woman, 61 year old man, and an 8 month pregant woman trying to get a heavy deer out of some pretty rough terrain over 300 yards... like I said, quite the story!

Pat I'm sorry about your luck this year. I've had an interesting year too... I've hunted hard, and I'm getting exhausted. I wanted to go so bad this morning, but I checked the radar and rain/snow mix with 10mph winds at 5:30am. UGH. I can't go by myself, and I wasn't taking hop-a-long out there in those conditions with a bum foot. So, I climbed back in bed until 8:30. I am so sore and tired from handling my mom's hunt last night, I can barely move today. My back is killing me and my legs aren't functioning properly. I wanted to go tonight, but calling for 20 mph winds... yuck. Not even going to attempt it. Guess I'll take the day off and hope tomorrow will be better. I only have 2 more days to hunt as far as I can tell, Monday and Tuesday, as we leave Tuesday evening for Michigan until Sunday, then Iwill beonly3 weeks out from delivering this baby girl.

I'm not sure if I should hang it up or keep trying until I can't anymore... [&o]I'm kinda bumming, but at least my mom got her first, which was better than me getting one any day!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another evil day. Some guy shot a doe in the lower leg...my buddy shot and missed her..then I shot her @ 100 yards. She hobbled into a swamp..and I couldn't find her. It was waste deep when I got out of it. WTF.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Typical Buck

Pat I'm feeling you pain hunted all day on Saturday saw 2 really nice buck and 6 does standing 200 yd away on the neighbors in the field all day at 1:30 a doe and her fawns come bybut this is the place i shot my double so i let her walk2:40 a guy steps in the woods straight north 150yd of me and climbs his stand i just found out he was going to be there Friday night and that he took my stand down last weekend luckily i have a viper and was able to climb in a tree 30 yd from where my ladder stand was at around 4:30 shooter buck steps out 80 away just on the neighborshe takes 5 step as he jumps the fence the neighbor starts his tractorat lest 200yd away he hits the groundand headseast(away)as fast a he canthat was it from 2:25 to about 4:00 i heard 1 shot
Old 11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went tonight and seen 2 small bucks and about 8 does. It started sleeting like heck right at prime time and i tried to tuff it out but eventually got down and left. I only could see 20 feet in front of my face and the winds were blowing it horizontal right into my face. What a crappy night. Then i get home just in time to see the Colts lose. Knew i should have stayed home. They always lose games that i dont watch. I missed the San Diego game last year for there first loss.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Well, there have been some good ones going down here in Kosciusko County. My brother shot a 13 point that scored 151" Sat. morning. Another guy I know shot a 140" 8 point Sat afternoon. My buddy caled me up this evening and said he shot a nice one. I went and looked at it and it's 120" (ish) 11 point. The taxidermist he took to had a nice one there to. It was one of the most beautiful 8 pointers I've seen. It's going to score close to 140" and dressed out at 216 lbs. I would have been out, but I was fortunate enought to take a 192 lb., 120" 8 point Nov. 2. Those are just from friends and family members. Its hard telling what else is being taken. Times are good around here.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

To be honest I thought it was very slow. I count shots every opening morning for something to do. Last year 380, between 7-11 2 years ago 340 this year 100. I am not sure what was going on. I know there are deer there.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, i get the great pleasure of attending jury duty in the AM at 8:15 so there goes any shot at a morning hunt. I called tonight and was hoping for the "you need not report" and instead got the "please report"[:@] Hopefully i get dismissed and can still make an evening hunt.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks bigbuck00. I went out tonight didnt see anything heard a few shots.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deerhunter1224

That sucks bigbuck00. I went out tonight didnt see anything heard a few shots.
Tell me about it. My luck i will get picked, the trial will get delayed becuase of thanksgiving and i'll still be dealing with it next week. Hope not though. Would really like to get out in the AM becuase it's looking good weather wise. My evening spot the last 2 nights has been producing 20-30 deer every night with a few bucks mixed in. They are still chasing and i'd like to get out there tomorrow night becuase i dont think the rutting activity will last much longer.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

sorry to hear that bigbuck

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.