Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Got a call from my uncle, beans going down tonight out at the other property i hunt. Thank god!!!! Were putting the stand up Saturday and i'll be there all next week for prime time.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

Great morning to hunt BUT nobody told the deer i saw a Spike running a nice doe about 60yds away I'm starting to think a lot of the big boys packed their bags and moved to Floridajust joking but it would be nice to start to see them even if it is when im driving
Old 11-02-2006, 07:27 AM

Yeah, tell me about it. We went out, froze our tooshies off for over an hour, and came home. Just as we were climbing out of the buddy stand, I saw the boss hog again, he was running in the same place he was yesterday at the same time.... about 150 yards out. Joe (hunting buddy) was climbing down, I was waiting for him to get down and I looked up and saw him. I told him to hit the ground and rattle! LOL He did so, but the guy was too far out I'm sure, anyway, I watched him chase for a while on a doe, maybe 5 minutes until I lost sight of him a LOOOOOONG way away.

It is just too dang cold to bowhunt. I don't mind the cold, but I can't dress as warm for it when I have to worry about pulling the bow back. I want a bow deer so badly this year, but I am thinking I'm gonna end up filling my tag with my muzzleloader. [&o]
Old 11-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Spike

Wow, for me this morning was awsome!!! I got there early and yes froze to death but I don't get many chances to hunt so I had to stay. Right off the bat I had a deer coming down the hill in front of me but couldn't see it itwas too dark. Finally seen it was a spike the same one I nicked two weeks ago. Never gave me a shot but I had fun with him using my grunt call. He would leave I would grunt he would come back but never on my side of the hill then he vanished. Get ready to sit down and had a young doe coming in. Didn't want to shot her but would have if she was the only one but her momma was 60 yards behind her and headed straight for me. All of a sudden she gets spoked and runs to her fawn and I look back and a 6 point buck was following her. She started blowing and stomping, she did not want anything to to with him so she ran him off. After three more hours another spike only bigger showed up out of no where but also never offered a shot. This is the first time I have ever witnessed the pre rut activities because I have never bowhunted before. Also the first time I have seen three bucks in one morning. And the first time I heard a deer stomping and blowing at something else besides me!!! There was one spot where all but one of the deer went through and I am going to move my stand 20 yards to the east so I can have a better opening to shot through. Hopefully I can fill my tags soon!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:34 AM

havent hunted deer for a couple years now .... but yall are gettin me going ....startin to miss this time of the year sittin in my stand with bow in hand!! love all the stories .... gettin to be that magical time of the year for the big boys ... have killed the majority of my larger bucks nov 7 - nov 14 .... figured i would share sum pix .... here are sum of the better bucks that i didnt have mounted (skull caps) .... http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/morel_2006/?action=view&current=mushrooms694.jpg&refP age=&imgAnch=imgAnch14.... here ara a few sheds ..... http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/morel_2006/?action=view&current=mushrooms693.jpg&refP age=&imgAnch=imgAnch15... and here are a couple of mounts .... http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/morel_2006/?action=view&current=mushrooms171.jpg&refP age=240&imgAnch=imgAnch243keep the stories and pix comin !!! good luck to yall and stay safe !
Old 11-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah this year for me has been a mess up to this point. My landowner put about 60 cows on our 65 acre wood plot, of course they destroyed it. I hunt in Noble county, so it's a pretty decent county to be hunting in. Well the cows screwed me over. So now i'm hunting with a buddy in one of the best Noble county properties. I don't know if you guys have heard of Shane Silver or not, if you're from Northern Indiana you may have. Anyway about 2 years ago he shot a 206 1/8 then this year he killed a piebald was pretty much completely white. He owns the Hunter's Den on S.R. 3. Anyways, he's been cool enough to let me hunt with him. I owe him quite a bit for saving my season. Anyways, hunting there has shown me, that no matter what property you have it's hard work. I've only seen bucks, and real small ones. I've been wanting to harvest a doe just for freezer meat but haven't even seen one. Last week was the ultimate proof to me that i'm having a bad luck year. We went into the woods and immediately had deer everywhere. Jumped 2 does on the way in, then a buck later on down the trail, so we decided to quit moving and just hold it still, well I did anyways. Shane told me to go sit on a ridge while he worked his way around me and eventually back to me. I did and got to the ridge and started to rattle and grunt. Saw two does in a CRP field above me moving in but couldn't get a shot. Next thing I know I hear a "WHACK". Okay I say he either scared the holy hell out of one or smoked it. My phone rings. "did you hear that shot?" .........Yup. He smoked a doe about 50 yds from me. Go figure that's my luck. I've just been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Anyways, it was a fun hunt and we saw lots of deer. I do appreciate him letting me hunt with him, I can't repay him for the help he's given me. I guess that's why you have good buddies. Anyways just though i'd share my story. Hopefully I put one down here soon and I'll keep y'all updated on how things are going.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:08 AM

We stop in there sometimes, we hunt right up the road on the corner of Lisbon and 3. We have some bruisers! Does he hunt the land right beside the "Den"? I've always wondered that!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Spike

Went out again this morning and saw 3. one I didn't get to see because she smelled me I guess and all I saw was white. Then the doe and fawn I saw yesterday came back and walked 20 yards in front of me. The fawn is really smaller than I thought. Yesterday I thought she might be 60 to 70 lbs. but didn't get a good look at her, to busy watching the buck, but after seeing her today I would say more like 30 to 40 lbss. I can't shot one that small. She must have been a real later baby. But I would say she is far enough along that if momma got shot she would still be fine. I am going out again tomorrow. I let you all know how it went. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this morning, love that crisp cold weather. Scared at least 2 off on my way to stand in the dark. Got up in the stand and watched about a dozen deer again in the same partially cut field that i seen them in on Wed. They looked like all does to me, if there were any bucks they were incredibly small. I only had 3 actually enter into my side of the property line and they took a path away from my stand. Oh and my good ol buddy that im now sharing the woods with was down and walking around at 7:45 AM[:@] I may try again tonight and probably in the morning, taking Sunday off to put up my ladder stand at the other property.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went back out tonight, got in stand around 3pm. At 4:30 here come the 2 guys again that are hunting the property, the one guy proceeds to put his climber in the same tree as the other day, not 20 yards from mine.[:@] Anyways, seen 4 deer bust out into the field around 5:30, one was a decent buck trailing a doe. He ended up coming in behind me at about 30 yards, not a bad buck at all but i passed him up. He then walked directly underneath the guy in the climber and to my surprise he never took a shot at him. That was the first buck i have seen this season so i feel a little bit better.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.