Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

hey everybody sounds like the weekend was a busy one I was lucky enough to shoot 2 nice does saturday morning pictures and story will come tomorrow right now i have to study for an exam
Old 11-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt go this morning, i went and put up my stand out at the other place i hunt. I did go back this afternoon to the spot i seen the buck yesterday and i didnt see a thing. That spot just isnt an evening spot for some reason. I'll hunt probably from Tuesday on. Got class tomorrow so thats out. I freaking got selected again for Jury Duty right in the middle of opening week of shotgun before Thanksgiving. I dont know how that will go but i will try my best to not get selected. Hopefully i have a buck by then. Go Colts!
Old 11-06-2006, 07:12 AM

Hey bigbuck, did you try to say you had a family commitment and you couldn't make it for jury duty? It worked for me anyway (I really *did* have a commitment, but I hear it works most of the time).

Anyway, I haven't been out since last Thursday. Had to be in Michigan all weekend, so that was out, and my little guy ended up sick with a 103 degree fever all the way home from Michigan (3 hour drive) and all through the night. I will probably sit tonight out as well just to make sure he stays still and doesn't get that fever up again. Maybe tomorrow I'll get out, that would be nice. I know the deer are moving all over the place, and I would like to see if the big boy is still out there. I've seen him 2 more times (after missing a shot the first time). I know right where he's hanging out, unfortunately he is 150-200 yards out and on a neighboring property I don't have permission to hunt or I'd just set up closer to where he's at.

Good luck to all this week!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Huntin Girl

Hey bigbuck, did you try to say you had a family commitment and you couldn't make it for jury duty? It worked for me anyway (I really *did* have a commitment, but I hear it works most of the time).

In our county they make you defer it if u cant make it. So i'd have to attend at some other time, i just assume be done with it. I got selected back in April too but when i called the night before they said i wasnt needed. Hopefully that happens again, my one year on call status was set to expire the end of December. I have ways to not get selcted though, my uncle is former sherrif of the county and my brother interned at the prosecutors office the last 2 summers. I doubt the defense wants me there.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

here is a couple of pictures from Saturday. the second picture is of the arrows dug in the ground. the nocks where only 8 inches apart at most arrow on the left is shockwave 100gr right is a muzzy 3blade 100gr
Sat morning i hunt a woods southeast of kendallville. I had hunted the woods some this year but was down the wood line a 150yd at about 7:15 a 4 1/2 came walking along the creek with a doe but wasnt pushing her. i gave a couple of grunts and a bleat and he though about coming but decided to go bed 90yd away 15min later a nice doe and fawn cut an angle and walk be at 38yd at 8:054 does and a bb step in the wood right by my other stand they kinda head towards me after a little walking around the yearling and bb head right at me the others come and 4 walk within 15yd and the big doe was last and gave me a 25 yard shot double lunged with the muzzy 100gr 3blade (doe on the right)she makes it 80yd isee herfall and the bb goes to look at her the yearling and the fawn doe hang around at 40yd i called to see what would happen and got the other nice doe to come back the yearling and the nice doe smelled the first arrow. the big one takes a couple of steps and i shot double lunging her makes it 40yd blooding like crazy(doe on left shot with 100gr shockwave)

Sorry its long but i cut it down a lot
Old 11-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two very nice does.

I've reached a conclusion that I've passed on too many does..something is going to die this week.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:26 PM

I can't even FIND any does... all bucks so far! Seen a couple does, but they were 200 yards out! Sheesh!
Old 11-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Typical Buck

I got this buck in Orland Indiana if any of you know where that is. I shot him at 20 yards on Nov. 5th the same day as i took my buck last year. He ran 60 yds and died. I got both lungs, heart, and broke the shoulder. Hes only a 7 Point but i couldnt be any prouder of him. He weighed about 170 pounds feild dressed a fairly big bodied buck.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o312/MathewsHunter/88.jpg
Old 11-06-2006, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Isn't "The Angler" in "Orland?"

If so, I hunt 5 miles west of there, on the south side of Big Long Lake.

Regardless, nice buck. Tons running around my area nearly the same size. Nice older Mathews too.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:19 PM

The Angler is actually in Hudson according to it's address, however it is up by the Orland area. Orland is Northwest of Angola, right up on the Michigan line. If you know where Pigeon River/Mongo, you would be able to find Orland.

Nice buck there liv2hunt! I'd be proud of it too!

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.