Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 11-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Saw around 20 deer this afternoon. Got there at 3pm and by 3:30 i had 5 doe 10 yards in front of me eating on leftover beans. Had one doe cross the creek and walk right under me. Did see one buck, a 4 pointer with no brow tines. He had the widest and tallest rack of any young 4 pointer i have ever seen though. Got down to leave at dark and there were still deer everywhere in the field.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heading out now. VERY foggy here in town...which I like when I'm hunting.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Spike

I am ready to hang up the old bow and quit. I can not get any luck my way. Since thursday I have been out 6 times and seen 16 deer including 3 different bucks and can't get a shot. This morning I jumped 2 deer going to my stand which never happens? Then at 10:30 I saw a doe and she hung around for an hour eating acorns never coming in range. So when she left I started to get down and got half way down the tree when 2 does where coming straight at me that I didn't see before I started down. So of coarse they run off. I know this is all part of hunting. The problem is in 11 years I have only taken 4 deer and believe me its not because I am picky!! I never had a good place to hunt until 4 years ago and now I have deer everywhere but it is the only place I have to hunt and I think I am over hunting it because the deer are coming in but they are staying out of range. So what do all of you think, should I move my stand in the woods, leave the woods alone for a week or just wait to go back until gun season???
Old 11-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went back tonight to the same spot. Deer were moving very late this evening for me, dont know if its the warmer temps or what. Had 2 doe cross the creek and had another set of 2 come in behind me and come down to the edge of the creek but they never crossed. Then that same 4 pointer i seen last night came in grunting and he took off like a rocket after both does. They took off, he ended up coming back and stood on the creek bank for a good 10 minutes just watching the does out in the field.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer were running like crazy this afternoon. Saw 2 shooter bucks, which one was clearly dominate. Wouldn't let another deer close to his doe. Saw a few other smaller bucks pushing does close to dark. Overall, great afternoon...but nothing close.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:39 PM

I'm going out tomorrow for the first time in a week! YAY! Hopefully they will be moving since it's suppose to rain later in the day/week.

I really need to get this deer huntin' done for the year, I really want to kick back and relax until I have this baby, but the hunter in me won't quit until I get one! I guess it's just the passion of a hunter, eh?
Old 11-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

I know what your doing BHG trying to get the baby to love the outdoors just joking nothing wrong with that hope you get one Ive been really busy and stuff and haven't been out since Saturday morning heading out tomorrow
Old 11-09-2006, 03:19 AM

You got it... start 'em early. LOL

Old 11-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

I was out Wed. all day and only saw three deer. One shooter buck and two does. I am just now starting to see signs of the bucks starting to get ready. I will be back out on Sunday.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Spike

Heading to Crane on Sunday then Charlesown State Park on Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully the deer will cooperate.

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.