Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Wanted - wild Illinois pheasant hunt >

Wanted - wild Illinois pheasant hunt

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Wanted - wild Illinois pheasant hunt

Old 09-20-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Wanted - wild Illinois pheasant hunt

Hi folks. I know that the midwest forum is mainly deer hunters, but I was hoping someone might be able to direct me to an opportunity for a private property wild pheasant hunt someplace in Illinois this fall. My normal outlet for my addiction is to purchase a permit for one of a couple of different Illinois DNR put-n-takes every weekend. Fun and it usually suffices, but I would really like at least one wild rooster hunt this fall if somebody couldhelp meout.I know the best way would be to go knock on doors in a prime pheasant area, but being as addicted as I am I go for the sure thing with the permits. If I go knocking on doors and get turned down then itwould betoo late to hunt a put-n-take and I would have to go home - I don't think I could survivethat.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wanted - wild Illinois pheasant hunt

Honestly I dont think the wild pheasant population is really here anymore.

How far are you from Iowa???

I have friends that drive out there all the time and hunt wild birds. I hear people let you bird hunt out there easy and they get birds all the time.

Just a idea
Old 09-20-2006, 07:11 PM

Don, if I drive sort of fast I can reach the Misssisippi River in about 90 minutes. I have been invited to hunt the Iowa opener and thenI plan on making at least onemore trip to hunt NW Iowa with another field bred English Cocker owner at least once during the season. I would still like to hunt at least once for an Illinois wild rooster or two.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:10 AM

I have a friend around Buckley that says he has been seeing phesants. If you know anyone around there, it would be a good place to start. My buddy already has a lot of friends around hunting season, sorry I can't help you more.