Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Looking for Private Land in Ohio >

Looking for Private Land in Ohio

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Looking for Private Land in Ohio

Old 09-10-2006, 04:18 PM

Default Looking for Private Land in Ohio

Would love to get permission to hunt some private land. Please email me if you can give me permission, i am tired of hunting public land, it is so over hunted.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for Private Land in Ohio

I live close to Toledo , but hunt all over Ohio .
IMO best way to get permission is to start knocking on doors .
Yes you will get turned down , but all they can do is say no .

Last month I knocked on 80 - 100 doors in 2 days , but got writen permission for over 1200 acers in SE ohio from 1 land owner and a bunch of smaller plots , I got 6 Yes's out of the 80-100 , with 25% no one home .
A lot of the owners say few people ask .
I got a copy of the tax plot to find owners not living on or near the land I wanted to hunt .
I called Flordia and NYC to ask .
I then sent a permission slip to NYC with a addressed , stamped envolope .

Good luck
Johnch
Old 09-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Fork Horn

you got some incredible luck dude. I have knocked on over 300 doors easy this yr so far in Columbina, Harrison, Jefferson, and Carrol county's and have gotten nothing but no's. Sence I lost my 1 lease to a group that was willing to pay 10X what I was paying and another good peace of land is being logged which I will prolly do some hunting on still. I am left with a few small tracts thatI got promission for becuase I work with the owners. Not complaining but landowners in OH really got to be the hardest people to get promission to hunt from. I have hunted in PA, NY, WV, and NC and finding good private land wasn't nearly as tough as it is in Ohio unless you can afford to throw alot of cash into a lease. Good luck with the up coming season.

Trytan
Old 09-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Trytan.. There are a few properties where you mentioned on www.basecampleasing.com especially Columbiana towards Akron.

Check it out and if you need another guy on the lease maybe we can hook-up. I live in North Lima Ohio
Old 09-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Fork Horn

I know where each of those leases are located and I am very intrested in a few of them. Most are right off rt 644 in summitville OH. I drive through that area every day going and coming from work and I see alot of big bucks within prolly 5 miles of a few of those leases but I can't afford to swing for 1 on my own right now. I live in ELO and I work in Minerva. I been trying to get a buddy from work to go in with me but he doesn't want to so I am intrested if you want to get together email me and lets see what we can do.

Trytan
Old 09-12-2006, 07:44 PM

I'm curious, what does prime hunting ground lease for in Ohio? What does it cost to buy?

Old 09-12-2006, 08:13 PM
emo

Our club pays $2,758.90 for 470 acres from Scioto Land Company, LLC in Ohio. www.lazyshuntclub.org
Old 09-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go and talk to the farmers. At least around here, most of them want me to hunt their land because they don't like the deer eating their crops. The only rules are I have to call them a couple days ahead of time so they know when I will be out there. I guess the farmers elsewhere are getting lease money, but not around here.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:18 AM

I live in north east ohio and getting permission is a matter of talking to land owners before the season starts. By far the best luck i have had was while i was bowling. Many of them hate the deer but are more afraid of the liablity if you get hurt. you have to prove to them your not a moron who is going to fall out of your treestand.
We have about 400 acre that are interconnected property Once you get one the neighbors usually will follow