Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Looking to hunt wild pheasant in IL. >

Looking to hunt wild pheasant in IL.

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Looking to hunt wild pheasant in IL.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Looking to hunt wild pheasant in IL.

Now that i'm pretty much done hunting deer this year, I am looking to hunt some wild pheasant in IL. I have a couple places in Will county, but do not wish to hunt there, due to there lack in numbers. Don't want to hunt birds who are having a hard enough time trying to survive.

Can anyone suggest a place where I could possibly hunt? I'm willing to travel quite a ways to see a decent number of birds. I know its not going to be like the late 70's early 80's in terms of numbers of birds. But I just would like to go for a day and have an opportunity at taking one. I haven't hunted pheasant in 3 years and was hoping for a little direction......

Thanks
Old 12-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looking to hunt wild pheasant in IL.

Find somewhere in Champaign, Ford, Iroquois, or Livingston County. Its where I hunt and the numbers are way up this year. I have went out every weekend so far and we just shot our 40th bird last weekend. Hopefully going for 50th this weekend