Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana... >

Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

Old 04-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

ORIGINAL: Big Country

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Goodness, thought we lived in the good ole USA where a guy could be a slob hunter if he wants too.
Out of curiousity, who would be the bigger slob.............

1. A guy that kills an animal at a legitimate, legally run high fence operation.

2. A guy that goes to camp for the opener of gun season, goes hunting while hungover, or worse yet, drunk, and does not obey game laws.

Which one of these two would be the "slob hunter"?
Old 04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Spike

Your ethics are the same as most of us..however, legitimate and legal should not be in thisinstance, as we all know that there are some out there that find this O.K. after all it would be "legal, and legitimate" and just as ethical to him/her as it isn't to you, I or 99% of the others we have here
Old 04-15-2006, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

The owner of the farm won the case.
Well i guess that depends on how you define winning. If your idea of winning is spending a few years in prision, paying half a mill in fines, and providing the ammunition for people in this state to shut all similar businesses of his down, then yes, i would say he won alright.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbuckOO

Well i guess that depends on how you define winning. If your idea of winning is spending a few years in prision, paying half a mill in fines, and providing the ammunition for people in this state to shut all similar businesses of his down, then yes, i would say he won alright.

Rodney Bruce was not fined anything or put in jail, because he didn't break any laws!. He did however, win an injunction which blocked state officials from taking any kind of action to stop hunts on his high fence preserve, Whitetail Bluff! This is only a temporary injunction, however he has won thus far!
Old 04-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbuckOO

Rodney Bruce was not fined anything or put in jail, because he didn't break any laws!. He did however, win an injunction which blocked state officials from taking any kind of action to stop hunts on his high fence preserve, Whitetail Bluff! This is only a temporary injunction, however he has won thus far!
Im not talking about Rodney Bruce, im talking about Russ Bellar. Bruce wont go to jail, he will just lose his business completely in about 5 years after he recoups his investments.