Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana... >

Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

Old 04-11-2006, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

ORIGINAL: Big Country

bigbuck00, you are purposely twisting facts to make an emotion filled point.

You did NOT see any drugged deer in the Jimmy Houston video clip.

You did see in a seperate clip where they were propping up a deer that was sick, so that another individual could shoot it on tape. I doubt that ANYBODY agrees with attempting to deceive in such fashion. We have no way to prove one way or another whether that deer was drugged, or sick.

As Bill Yox pointed out already, and I can back him up on this......tranquilizing whitetailed deer is an extremely risky proposition, no matter how much experience you have at it, you will lose an animal more often than you want to.

Some of these high and mighty personal ethics posts are funny. It is a long way to fall from that big white charger you are riding.

BTW, serioushunter1, I may have been a little misleading, and not intentionally, but the cae in PA where the guy cut a high fence, he stole a deer while he was at it.

Even if he did not steal a deer, the vandalism would just be the criminal charge. If you let my 195" typical buck out of the pen, I will see you in civil court, and I will win.

Looks like I have to go back in the hospital due to some post surgery complications, so you guys fight nice until I return......
Sorry to hea about your complications. I sincerely hope that all goes well. And thanks for a good debate.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:59 AM

Actually if you were not obtuse and read what was said you would see why you need a license for the deer. You would see that slaughter houses are governed.

If you wanted to just kill something and leave it lay on the private property then you would not need a license. But then again that is totally against my ethics.

You would see that Bellars did drug deer for killing. It was documented.

I am done with you.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Indianahick

Actually if you were not obtuse and read what was said you would see why you need a license for the deer. You would see that slaughter houses are governed.

If you wanted to just kill something and leave it lay on the private property then you would not need a license. But then again that is totally against my ethics.

You would see that Bellars did drug deer for killing. It was documented.

I am done with you.
Thank you, your emotion filled, yet uninformed replies are useless to this discussion anyhow.

BTW, if you feel this is in violation of any board rules, I will gladly help get your point across to one or more of the moderators.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:18 PM

I was being honest when I was wishing you well because of your surgery complications so get off your high horse.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Serioushunter1

I was being honest when I was wishing you well because of your surgery complications so get off your high horse.
Dude, thank you for the well wishes, I did take your post as being sincere.

My last post was for Indianahick, that is why I quoted him.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:52 PM

Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

This thread is been too hotly debated. I know I will never change someones opinon's about as to why I think that "canned hunts" should be illegal no more so than somone would convince me that they should be legal. It is good that we live in a country where we are allowed to express our opinions and may speak out even if others disagree.

With that being said, debate on!
Old 04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

As i said in a previous post, im sorry the laws are what they are. Yes, in Indiana, all canned hunting preserves must follow state laws, whitetail deer are not viewed as livestock. It has nothign to do with my logic, thats just what the law states. Whether or not its ridicuolous is beside the point, there are NUMEROUS laws i think are ridicuolous, that doesnt mean i elect to ignore them. Id rather not spend my days sitting behind bars.

As Indianahick mentioned, slaughterhouses are also state governed. Cattle are livestock, whitetails are not. This is what the entire issue revolves around. Whitetails not being looked upon like cattle. Some dissagree with the law, but it is the law and should be followed. One of the witnesses at Bellars trial testified Bellar told him that state laws didnt apply to him because he owned a deer farm. Clearly he feels he is above the law.

And yes, there are people who have backed Bellar all along and still believe Indiana is at fault and that Bellars work will someday change Indiana laws. There is a deerfarmers website around on the net, google it up and pay it a visit sometime and read some of the comments about Bellar from the deerfarmers themselves. Here is a comment i took directly from that board. This is by Mr. Bruce, an Indiana deer preserve owner. "Russ is supported 100% by sportsmen and and the Indiana Deer Farmers". Some of the things i have read are hilarious. Again, everything is Indianas fault, not Bellars. Heres another. "Bottom line.......Does Russ own his land?.....Does he own the livestock he possesses???" You can kinda get the picture here, everyone makes excuses for the guy. Clearly some either arent aware of Indiana law, or simply refuse to accept it.

When i say you cannot drug a deer, i mean you cannot drug a deer for the purpose of being able to herd it into a 5 acre pen to be shot 5 minutes later. This is what Bellar did and he pleaded guilty to it. Ronnie Dunn testified it was like "slaughtering cattle". Too bad cattle is livestock and deer arent for Mr. Bellar. Russ would then turn around and sell the drug contaiminated meat across state lines, another law that was broke. These deer were drugged for the purpose of being killed.

Old 04-13-2006, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

The owner of the farm won the case.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:02 AM

So if I owned my land and I owned my dog, cat, donkey, horse etc.........then I could go out and shoot my dog with out fear of animal cruelty charges????????
Old 04-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: excalibur43

The owner of the farm won the case.
Incorrect if you're referring to Bellar , he's in a federal pen for 2 years and shelling out over 1/2 million in fines for 28 Lacey Act violations . If you're referring to Rodney Bruce you're still incorrect , all Rodney won was a temporary injunction while all the parties involved examine some issues before the trial proceeds . Ironically , it was Rodney's lawsuit that precipitated the immediate closure of the other killing zoos since the Legislature couldn't move forward on his operation while the case was pending . Gotta love that . LOL

Every state has the inalienable right to set it's own laws , laws that are decided by it's citizens regardless of how the laws may be viewed by other states . Public opinion , the basis of all laws , will be the final determining factor for the few deer pimps here , and in the end they will be eradicated for this reason . The best that they can hope for is a couple of operating years under stringent scrutiny so that they can recoup their investments , an offer they have already refused . We don't want them here , they never should have set up here without first guaging public opinion , and I won't shed a tear when they leave . As to it being tatamount to eradicating a form of hunting ? In your state maybe , not ours . That sheit ain't hunting here , it's just slaughter . I'm quite sure they'd love to move to your state , and you can have them with the blessings of the citizens of Indiana .

Quick Reply: Law banning "canned" hunts in Indiana...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.