Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

2010 DNR fee hike proposals

Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2010 DNR fee hike proposals

http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/index.php?/pso/article/dnr_budget_includes_new_fees/

..proposals include:

• Establish a state park parking fee under which visitors can pay $5 per day or purchase an annual pass costing $25 for residents and $35 for non-residents.

• Increase all resident and non-resident hunting and fishing license fees by $7. A resident fishing license would go from $12.50 to $19.50 and a resident hunting license would bump up from $7 to $14.

• Establish an Equestrian Use fee of $5 per day or $25 per year.

• Increase cost of resident deer permits from $15 to $25.

• Increase cost of the Illinois State Migratory Waterfowl Stamp from $10 to $15.

• Charge $2 per swimmer at Illinois Beach State Park.

• Charge a $3 boat launch fee for state ramps at Lake Shelbyville, Rend Lake and Carlyle Lake.

• Charge license buyers the $1.09 administration fee for online permits and licenses. Currently the DNR pays this fee.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2010 DNR fee hike proposals

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]That to go along with a 50% increase in state income tax. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 03-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the great communist,I mean state of Illinois![:'(]
Old 03-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

I personally don't mind paying these sorts of fees. It is worth the money, for me personally. However, here's the rub.... We are in a society where people, especially kids, don't get out enough. Not nearly enough. For kids and teenagersthat don't go outside much anyway, these fees are probably enough to keep them from trying out the outdoors, when they could stay in and play video games for free. Sounds like the no-child-left-outside law, to me.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Carptracker, my problem is that these funds which have beencollectedfrom sportsmen over the years have not been kept separate and for use on onlyDNR related projects, rather those funds have been raided over time in order to coverdeficits accrued in non-related budgets.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: robow7

Carptracker, my problem is that these funds which have beencollectedfrom sportsmen over the years have not been kept separate and for use on onlyDNR related projects, rather those funds have been raided over time in order to coverdeficits accrued in non-related budgets.
That's a bummer. Here on Missouri, there is a 0.08% sales tax that goes to support this sort of thing. It comes up to a vote every now and then, as to whether it will be reinstated. It always passes, with plenty of room to spare. People know what they are getting for their money. Missouri has really good outdoor opportunities because of that tax. And state congress can't touch it. It really makes some of those guys mad, though, because it gives the managers a degree of autonomy that the guys with the purse strings can't stand. So some of them really hate that law, and try to get it repealed.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's why we've been wanting to move to MO.

Illinois should have it's DNR under commission.