Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Miscellaneous
 Pa.vacation rental/hunt,fish,hike >

Pa.vacation rental/hunt,fish,hike

Community
Miscellaneous Still trying to get rid of that old couch or TV? Try selling it here.

Pa.vacation rental/hunt,fish,hike

Old 01-06-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Pa.vacation rental/hunt,fish,hike

Pa.(Sullivan county:Sonestown) House in BEAUTIFUL picturesque location,nestled between 3 mountain slopes,15 min.south of Wyoming State Forest,World's End State Prk(swimming);12 min. from Hunter's Lake;Near SGL #13;located across road from beautiful stream.Loyalsocks Creek & Trails + waterfall about 12 min. up the road for trout.Hiking to Canyon Vista,the"Haystacks"(GREAT hike as Loyalsocks Creek winds past & offers a fun swim to cool you off).Covered bridges & General Stores are short driving distances.House has 8 beds,elect.heat & wood stove.Cable TV,Front porch & screened in back porch.Elect.stove,oven.Microwave.Washer/dryer.House comfortably fits 2 families. $100./night; $500./7 days.Dogs welcome as long as they don't chew or destroy.Must be kept leashed outdoors. Feb. is coyote hunt in Sullivan.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:48 PM

Default RE: Pa.vacation rental/hunt,fish,hike

Do you own land? besides the house? that someone could go hunting? please get back to me at [email protected]
Old 01-11-2005, 03:34 PM

WHATS THE HUNTING LIKE?
Old 01-11-2005, 03:58 PM

SGL #13 has 49,522 acres.Ive only hunted it once for turkey.Wyoming State Forest is also quite huge and I'm more familiar with it.Good hunting up there.Deer,turkey,bear(BIG guys) & a mountain lion leaped across the road as I was en route to fish the Loyalsocks.I saw him & he wasn't a bobcat.I know the difference.I have a deer stand on top my property up the mountain but the private property around it is posted.We got our buck there last year.If you have doe tags you'll have better luck.They come thru there past the pond on top & walk down the slope thru my backyard.But you'll probably have better luck in Wyoming State Forest.Scout it out over the summer if you live not too far away.I know where the turkey are.I also own property(3.6 acres) up there that's LOADED with deer bedding areas.That's about 15-20 min. from the house.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:17 PM

hey i am in bradford can u email me prices or post them
Old 01-12-2005, 07:35 AM

$100/ night $500/7 days House has 8 beds.That's not a bad deal when you divide it up between your buddies.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Is this available for different dates throughout a year, and are nonresident license high?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:24 PM

You can rent my place any ol' date your little ole heart desires,except the dates already taken.If you're from Iowa,you won't get to scout out areas,so I'll tell you where to go.I have land up against Wyoming State Forest.The white dots on the trees depicting the beginning of the gamelands border my property there.My rental house is 15-20 min. south of there.Sullivan County is the most rural county of Pa. & is mostly state gamelands & forests.It's GREAT! But you have to travel 15 - 20 min. for lodging.WHO CARES! That's what makes it great! I hope to get a tree stand on my property there this summer.I'm a turkey hunter too.LOVE it more then deer.There's turkey up there too. A deer stand on our house property too,but you'll have better luck in Wyoming State Forest probably.Get your DOE tags early! They go on sale Aug. Out of state license is $101.I think.Doe tags extra. License includes turkey.Bear is extra.LOTTSA bear but you gotta get lucky.Bear drives work best.I'll tell you where to go.You can go with my husband & I if I'm off of work.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:17 AM

Hello,
Is it legal to make a bait site there for the bears? Also, how many doe tags are allowed and how much are they?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:16 AM

According to the P.G.C. Digest,"It is unlawful to intentionally lay or place food,fruit,hay,grain,chemicals,salt or other minerals that may cause bears to congregate or habituate in an area."That also includes songbird feeders.
Out-of-state doe tags are sold after Pa.resident tags go on sale.I think you can apply for as many as you want but good luck with that.Doe tags for Pa.residents went on sale in Aug.By the beginning of Sept.,most were gone in my area,so you'll have to get your check in the mail those first few days.Website is http://www.pgc.state.pa.us
Good luck! ~~ T.F.

Quick Reply: Pa.vacation rental/hunt,fish,hike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.