Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowfishing > Illinois Bowfishers Club
 HBC/Indiana "Under the Lights" >

HBC/Indiana "Under the Lights"

Community
Illinois Bowfishers Club C'mon on in!

HBC/Indiana "Under the Lights"

Old 07-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Spike

Default HBC/Indiana "Under the Lights"

HBC “Under the Lights[/b]”[/b]

We will be holding our night shoot on Saturday August 16, 2007. It will go from 8 pm to 6 am. We will be checking in at River Junction in Americus, IN. You will need to be there around 6 pm to check in and get all the rules. This tournament will be a Wabash and Tippy shoot ONLY. Three shooters per team/$60 per team. We will be paying out 80% of the take-in. I will be paying out top five in total numbers and big whitey, big carp, big buffalo, big gar, and big bowfin ***VERY IMPORTANT*** ALL teams must launch and take their boats out at River Junction (this is NOT a trailering tournament). Steve Schrader has allowed us to have the check-in at his ramp and has waived the launch fees. I will also have shirts from the HBC tournament to sell, so if you didn’t get one or need another one, bring some money. Remember, this money goes to the HBC; buy one or more, it’s like a donation to ensure that we have funds for our future shoots. If you have any questions give me a call at 765-714-4638. Spread the word, 3-man teams allow for more people to get involved, and the more people in it, the more money paid out. If you are looking for lights, Menards has some really good lights. If you need bowfishing gear, you can pick it up at Sportsman’s Warehouse in Lafayette or locally at J&M Outdoors in Camden. This tournament is going to be one that you don’t want to miss. Please let me know if you plan on attending just so I have an idea on what to expect. Bowfishing at night---see you there! Dusty

Old 07-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HBC/Indiana "Under the Lights"

Sounds great. Thanks for the heads-up Dusty.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Spike

Of course the date is 2008 not 2007. I just typed it wrong!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Spike

We've been shooting some big grass carp, bigheads, and gar. The water is low and clear on both the Tippy and Wabash. The bigmouth buffalo on the Wabash are huge! We shot a 30 lb. grass carp at River Junction last week and a 25 lb. buffalo. If the water level stays down, we're in for a great shoot on the 16th!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Spike

Just a little more info...... This is a BAA sanctioned event. I will be paying out first through fifth place and Big Grass Carp, Big Carp, Big Buffalo, Big Gar, and Big Dogfish. A lot of money to be won. We will also have food for those people who want to show up around 6:30 P.M. (yes it's free, donated by Kroger)
Old 08-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Spike

We had 4 inches of rain down here, so the rivers are back up. If the weather cooperates until the 16th, we should be at or a little below normal water depth which means some great shooting. Just got a package from AMS yesterday. It has a new 610R retriever and many other prizes. Thanks again to Jeff and Cindy at AMS for their continued support.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Spike

I just read the rules for the tournament and it says 3 man teams. You can also have 2 man teams. My bad. Forecast for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.... sunny mid 80's in the day upper 50's at night. Great bowfishing weather! NO RAIN!