Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New tires for the atv?

Old 05-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Spike

Default RE: New tires for the atv?

No, I have never drug a moose or an elk. Have you ever drug a log in Big Gum Swamp?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:55 PM
Typical Buck

Ok fellows, I made my decision and ordered the Bearclaws Saturday. I realize they're not a big time mudder, but neither am I. I've read several posts on other sites that use an atv the same way I do and they all have good things to say about them. If I do get stuck, oh well, its winch time. Once again, I appreciate the replies. Oh BTW, about the factory rims being easily bent? My old beater is a '97 model and my rims have yet to see the first dent. No offense, but I HAVE to take care of my stuff, can't afford not to.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:15 AM

bearclaws are good all purpose tires.

I have never bent a factory rim either. The are as strong, if not stronger, then most aftermarket rims. Until you get into the heavy duty series that is
Old 06-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Fork Horn

Just bought a set of 27" 589's for my stepsons rhino. I put 27-11 12's all the way around and have a pretty smooth ride. You get a little bounce at around 3 to 5 mph but after that it is nice and smooth. They seem to turn much easier than the original stock tires, I guess this is from having contact more in the center of the tire than the whole width of the stock tire.