Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

New tires for the atv?

Old 05-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New tires for the atv?

I actually don't spend a great deal of time in the swamps or deep mud,but when I do have to drag a moose or elk through these conditions the extra traction is very welcome.The mudrunners and gators do wear well and do perform very well in all other conditions including snow.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

lol hhgirl. Actually, I do my best to stay away from crap like that. Those guys must have alot more money than I do to put their atv's through stuff like that. But, I must admit, it looks like a ball!!
Old 05-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a set of 25 inch xl mudlites for my praire 700 at a place called precision power sports in Imperial Mo. Also bought a set of itp delta rims. They order and mounted the tires for $420 that was rims and tires. There web add is WWW.precisionpowersports.com
Old 05-14-2005, 07:00 PM

you may want to look at the 589's. they are great in the mud and snow. plus you can run them flat if you have trouble. i have had them for two years with no problems.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:45 PM

Do yourself a favor and dont buy mud lites
Old 05-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do yourself a favor and dont buy mud lites
mrwake, please feel free to explain a bit further!
Old 05-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Mrwake what is the problem with the mudlites? I Know a bunch of people that have them and the only complaint is that the rubber is a bit soft and they wear out a little faster than a harder rubber tire but they will still last a decent amount of time. Please give me a reason why you think they are bad
Old 05-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

the only complaint is that the rubber is a bit soft and they wear out a little faster than a harder rubber tire but they will still last a decent amount of time
Yep, this is the only consistent I have heard as well, other than that most find them to be a good to excellent tires. Many state they pull very well through tough conditions (ie: mud and snow), yet offer a better ride/handling compared to ITP 589's.

Any ways please tell us what your referring to mrwake, since some have never actually ran them and maybe considering mud lites (like the original poster of this thread!).
Old 05-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Typical Buck

I too would like to hear what mrwake has to say. Like you guys have already said, the only negative thing I've heard about the Mudlites is the softer compound causing shorter treadlife. missed_another, the 589's are great tires for deep mud and snow, but may be a little overkill for the type of riding I do. I'm still up for more suggestions, so keep 'em coming. Thanx
Old 05-17-2005, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 589's are very agressive and I did not like the ride or their performance on harder surfaces.The mud bugs ,gators and mudrunners were better as all terrain tires in my opinion.I have not used mud lites.

Quick Reply: New tires for the atv?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.