Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris

Old 04-25-2005, 02:28 PM

Default RE: Polaris

It's a free cyberworld yellow dog!

I developed my opinion of polaris a long time ago. In my younger days i used to go on some very extreme rides. These rides would have 30+ atv's riding in some pretty tough places. I ain't talking about those cheesy ATVtv rides .

I noted that a polaris or two ALWAYS got towed back to the trucks. ALWAYS!
The kawasaki priarie is also a big piece of junk.
rarely did any japanese atv get towed.
Most problems i saw then were belts slipping. the sealing system for the belt systems are the pits!
Hey polaris has a smooth ride,great acceleration and really doesnt look bad but i still wouldnt buy one.
I have other friends that have them . one has a sportsman 700 that thing stays in the shop!

Now as far as honda........this weekend i was at a friends who is a single man ,master plumber that owns his own business and blows money like i can't imagine.
he bought a foreman s a couple of years ago. i saw it this weekend and was in shock at how it looked.
it was beat to he** !!!!
the thing looked like it should be in wrecking yard.
It has been driven through beaver ponds ,rolled,slammed trees, heck just imagine and it has probably done it! the thing only has .....get this ........a little over 300 miles on it!!!!!!!

It runs!!!!!!!!!!
no brakes but it runs!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i would really like to see a polaris take anywhere the abuse that has!

Hey folks can spend thier money anyway they want i don't care. but this is forum to review and make comments about products. hey i know some pro polaris if you would like??
Old 04-25-2005, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

Yeah Larry it's a shame.I called about a more heat resistant revised belt cover they came out with. I couldn't get any information from the woman.All she knew how to say is take it to your dealer.All I basically wanted was the P/N so I could order it.Then I asked if there was someone else I could talk to. She refused saying no take it to your dealer.She sounded like a broken record.I had called on other occasions with about the same results.When I was on vacation I stopped in a Polaris dealer in Illinois. They knew about the revised cover and happened to have it in stock. 85.00 for a piece of plastic. Behulaboy just got one close to 100.00 now.I got mine about two years ago.I mentioned what treatment I got from Polaris to that dealer.They weren't surprised.They know they deal with them on a regular basis.Mine's a 1997 500 Sportsman. It's had it's share of problems. Thankfully nothing to serious. When it was under warranty the fan motor seized up.If I remember right at 225 hours I needed to change the tie rod ends.I service it annually myself. It's 8 years old and only has right at 300 hours on it.It will probably out last me. If I do get another one it will be a Honda . Just to make my Ol'e buddy Soark happy.

Ruger Redhawk
Hey ruger kind of like the water pump issues on the 700's ? My friends was leaking coolant from the pump housing gasket area. well he takes it to the dealer cause he has no tools and frankly wouldnt have a clue where to start (something a good polaris owner shouldnt lack)
There was a recall that never was advertised to the owners about the impellor nuts coming off.
and hey polaris charged the customer for thier mistake!!!!!

but hey he also is looking at something besides a polaris as we read maybe a honda maybe a yamaha but not a polaris.

Oh and my 2000 foreman has 752 hrs and 4295 miles ( i made a special trip for those numbers to my garage) the only thing that has broken is my left rear bearing shattered. probably cause i have 26" super swampers.
Now my old kawasaki bayou 300 4x4 has probably four times that. it still runs but i have to work on it alot. it is an old river bottom mudrunner and has seen more abuse than a atv was mean't to have inflicted upon it.

But i am in the market for something else as i said to you before i am looking at the rhino . the only thing i dislike is the BELT!!!!!
maybe yamaha will wake up?

Hey honda is fixing to bring a side by side out maybe i'll wait!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:21 AM

Hey great posts on peoples opinions on different ATV's. I should add I'm pretty neutral on which brand is best cuz I own: 2001 Polaris Sportsman, 94 Honda TRX 90, 94 Yamaha Phazer and 1978 Suzuki RM 50.
I must admit I bought the Polaris cuz the last owner wanted to upgrade to the 700 and gave me a deal I couldn't reuse. I had been leaning toward the Yamaha due to the fact my phazer has been trouble free but as stated couldn't pass up the deal.

I don't buy a new ATV every 2 years, so I spend a little extra time in upkeep. So far I have nothing bad to say about the Polaris or any other ATV at this point
Old 04-26-2005, 01:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gundigest

... Our Polaris snow mobile has less than 1000 miles on it and it has already been rebuilt. ...
Just wanted to throw in that my polaris (1998 Sport) has nearly 10000 miles on it, engine has never been touched. (well needed new spark plug cables, and carbs have been adjusted for better performance)...ok im done.