Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris 700 H.O.

Old 11-08-2004, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Polaris 700 H.O.

Looking into buying this perticular four wheeler from a friend. It is the camo version, and has all of the bells and whistles with it . It is a 2004 mod.

My question to you is .

Has anyone had any trouble with this fourwheeler? If so then what was the problem..
What do you think that this is worth.

Any replies are appr.

Thank you
hunter338
Old 11-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Polaris 700 H.O.

A friend has one and it has not shown many problems but it is quite new and has not been used a lot.What I can tell you is that there was an electrical problem that drained the battery and since there is no recoil start on the polaris 600 and 700, he did have to walk several miles through swampy terrain to get help.The machine is also very heavy (740lbs dry) so it sinks a lot more in the muskeg and uses a lot more fuel than other machines.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:25 AM

How much is it selling for?
Good bikes.
if you want to see a fair price ,,,check E-Bay.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:54 AM

Well that opens it up for alot of opinions??

I personally think polaris makes junk! I wouldnt buy one and if i was given one i would trade it .
I have a friend that has a pukalaris 700 and that thing is junk. it has probably 1000 to 1500 miles on it and i know of three times it has been in the shop for problems. he want to get rid of it and get a honda but he says he will never get any of his money the thing cost. listen for less than what your buddy wants to it go look at a new honda. i bet you can get a nice honda for alot less and trust me down the road you'll be glad you did.

my honda has almost 4000 miles on it and the only thing that has been done is a left rear bearing that i fixed. in almost four years it has never let me down.
i would bet you won't say that about the polaris.

just my opinion .
Old 11-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Weight (tank) and no pull start I agree...no thanks! Unless your doing heavy hauling or ranch work, you also don't need a 600 or 700, 400 or 500 is plenty, less costly in fuel, less weight and up front purchase price.

Honestly I have a Polaris 400 Sportsman it is a nice ride around bike for the lake (wife really likes the idea of drive n' go) and I have a Honda 400 Foreman(manual) in which I use for hunting/working around the cabin. This bike has had no problems pulling out moose (in fact 2 bulls this year!) and I have hauled a ton of sand/gravel and rock while landscaping..it just is a workhorse. I do regular maint. on both bikes but the Honda has cost me less in replacements parts! Plus the honda is much easier on fuel.

I agree with soarkrebel buy a Honda and you won't regret it
Old 11-09-2004, 07:33 PM

I have a 99 Polaris 500 HO- I absolutely love that bike! I have not had any problems with that thing other than what I created. I can not offer any opinion on the 700 or any other make or model, but I will run that 500 till the wheels fall off!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

I am looking in useing it for both our horse ranch and for hunting. Some of my other friends have the 500 H.O and have had no problems with them. It is still a toss up between the Polaris and the Artic Cat. The Artic cat comes with more attachments to use on the Ranch . But I like the way the Polaris rides.

Heck who knows may buy both .

thanks.
hunter338
Old 11-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Sportsman 500. I have no experience with the 700.My 500 has been a good 4 wheeler with some problems.My main gripe is Polaris's Customer Service. After dealing with them a couple times since 1997 I will NEVER buy another Polaris.Go with a Honda like Soark said.If they (Polaris)don't worry about or willing to help their customers I'll take my money eleswhere.Unless you're getting a extreme sweet deal I would pass being it a Polaris.I use to praise Polaris until the last run around I got form them.Never again.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 11-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Fork Horn

It seems with Polaris you either get a good one or a junk one. I have a friend who has
went thru 2 different ones in the past year and had many problems.
Hate to say it, but if ya want an atv that will last, buy a japanese one.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:29 AM

Hey indiana dude hondas come from the USA just owned by a japanese company.

hunter338 if your going to work one i would really look at the honda. mine pulls a trailer alot with wood and lots of other heavy stuff. my friends who has the polaris 700 is amazed at how easily my foreman s pulls a load.
hey have you ever looked the kubota rtv or kawasaki mule?? for work they are the real ticket. i have been looking at the kubota it's a tank. i work my stuff more than just ride for fun. but from what you say you want to do with one you might want to look at one of these.

Quick Reply: Polaris 700 H.O.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.