Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

ATV Polaris or Honda?

Old 04-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ATV Polaris or Honda?

Well 870 it looks like you've been had again. Stubby's got ya dead to rights.

My Bruin says "4X4" on it, too. What that means is that, just like most all trucks and SUV's, is that power CAN go to any of the four tires. On plenty of trucks and SUV's they are really just TWO WHEEL DRIVE. Put your two left tires on a non-slippery surface and your two right tires in mud or on ice and the two right tires will spin while the two left do nothing. Unless you have posi-traction or locker in rearend and then you'd be 3 wheel drive. And that is how the Bruin operates, although it doesn't need a posi or locker in rear, cause it's a solid axle. When I push the "4WD" button, power CAN go to either of the front wheels, but will really go to the front tire that spins the easiest.

But the "4WD" stays engaged for, what I consider, some pretty awesome engine braking. I mean if the hill ain't pretty steep, it will pull it to a stop. I love it because it feels really secure while crawling thru the woods.

But, 2, 3 or 4 wheel drive, I just don't think that my Bruin will run when completely submerged in water.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 04-08-2005, 02:10 PM

But, 2, 3 or 4 wheel drive, I just don't think that my Bruin will run when completely submerged in water.
Hey matt maybe 870's in some sort of top secret test on some new water burning engine??[8D]
Old 04-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Fork Horn

870, I dont post anything on here that is BS. What I stated is fact, Stubby did a good job explaining how
the 4wd Polaris works, perhaps I should have spelled it out a little better.
The Polaris 4wd system works pretty well as long as you arent going down a slippery hill,
thats where in my opinion it gets borderline dangerous.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmm, possibly hydrogen-fueled steam power? Intresting, VERY intresting. The mere thought of such an idea deeply intrigues me. Other scientists and myself have been trying to unfold the intricate mysteries surrounding this quite unique phenomenon. HYDROGEN/STEAM!

Watson come quickly!

The possibilities could be extremely beneficial to society - or be society's end.

For the overall benefit of humanity (and sanity) we must NOT let 870 develop his top secret technology. We must team together to bring 870's top secret UOM development program to an absolute end.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 04-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Status: offline RE: ATV Polaris or Honda? (in reply to TimberCreek)

MRWAKE

Stupid? Opinions are fine but no personal attacks please, maybe you should be banned from this forum if you want to resort to putting down fellow posters. People are giving opinions on atvs and that is what was requested in the original posting.
agreed, very well said
Old 04-09-2005, 11:46 PM

Well,if it has tits or tires it'll give you troubles. My Dad bought a polaris 10 months ago . We've used it but not abused it and no problems so far. I beleive if you take care of them they'll take care of you.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:47 AM

Get the one you like! This is pretty childish.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:36 AM

I thunk that all the major companies build decent machine, but yamahaa and honda are just a step above the rest. the hondas are a bit more reliable while the yamahas perform a bit better when compared to each other. I wouldnt buy anything else unless it was a COMPLETE steal.