Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Polaris Sportsman

Old 06-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Polaris Sportsman

Guys & Girls,

I'm on the move to buy a Polaris Sportsman 600 - 800 EFI. Looking for a few years old with low miles.

Found a ton on Craigs List..

Please provide feedback on the Polaris 600 - 800 CC...Any issues with the big boy Polaris(iz)??TELL ME ABOUT YOURS!

tHANKS!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Polaris Sportsman

i LOVE my polaris sportsman 600 EFI, never had a single problem, the sportsman group are the only 4-wheeler we use........My dad has taken them up to canada and ive ridden them in sand dunes and never had anything go wrong
Old 06-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Typical Buck

My friend had a problem with the EFI.I think it was something minor though.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

They had recalls on a relay in the headlight houseing other then that I havent heard any other problems,I have owned sportmans for over 10 yrs and havent had any troubles,they are more of a work atv then a fast trail runner but they do hold thier ground....alot of folks dont like them due to the heavy weight but thats what makes them strong the down side is they are not as nimble on the trails as a lighter atv but to each there own,I like my Polaris(s) and dont see any need to change brands all tho the Artic Cat looks nice but wont go there......

PS...Thier customer service isn't all that great if you need to deal with them so hopefully you have a good dealer....
Old 06-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Currently own a 2004 1/2 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.. If I were to do it all over again, I'd surely go with the EFI models and most likely a 700cc or 800cc twin for their power advantage. Mine has that recall on it and I'll be taking it in on monday. I really haven't had any issues with mine since I have owned it, and I'm getting the urge to upgrade maybe next year.
The otherATV thatI'm looking at besides another Polaris is the Can-am 650cc EFI Twin.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

To each their own, but make mine a Honda! Pole Cat,err, Polaris, might make the best in the world right now, but I've seen far too many bad ones to ever take a chance on one! Honda may not be the fastest or the flashy-est, but it gets you where you are going, and better yet, it gets you back home!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Dominant Buck

I look at this site to read all about the different mfg and models. Suzuki has real high ratings followed by yamaha and honda. polaris is always a ways back for satisfaction.
http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/review_list.asp
go to this site and then hit atv on the drop down for all the ratings.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Suzuki Vinson 500. I have pulled more Sportsman's than I have ridden on......The Vinson is big enough to pull food plot equiptment or skid logs. Great turning radius in the woods, with great speed when you want it. If you want a bullet proof quad with the ability to do everything, look at the Vinson.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought a '05 Sportsman 700EFI w/ full camo and low miles for $5200. Didn't have dirt on it. When I was shopping for this one I looked around alot and can tell you there are alot of great deals out there. Let someone else buy it new and take the initial huge depreciation. Their loss - your gain.

The 700 is a beast. Yes it is heavier than the others but in exchange you get something that is constructed very solid. Polaris is only one with square tube frame. Simply stronger. Another benefit is the Cadillac ride. The front trunk is very nice to have also.

I found mine up in Michigan on Ebay. You can search within all kinds of parameters on Ebay such as make, model, engine size, year, price, andlocation.

Personally, I would go with the EFI. Never have to choke and awesome throttle response.