HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ATV Polaris or Honda?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 08:01 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ATV Polaris or Honda?

Well 870 it looks like you've been had again. Stubby's got ya dead to rights.

My Bruin says "4X4" on it, too. What that means is that, just like most all trucks and SUV's, is that power CAN go to any of the four tires. On plenty of trucks and SUV's they are really just TWO WHEEL DRIVE. Put your two left tires on a non-slippery surface and your two right tires in mud or on ice and the two right tires will spin while the two left do nothing. Unless you have posi-traction or locker in rearend and then you'd be 3 wheel drive. And that is how the Bruin operates, although it doesn't need a posi or locker in rear, cause it's a solid axle. When I push the "4WD" button, power CAN go to either of the front wheels, but will really go to the front tire that spins the easiest.

But the "4WD" stays engaged for, what I consider, some pretty awesome engine braking. I mean if the hill ain't pretty steep, it will pull it to a stop. I love it because it feels really secure while crawling thru the woods.

But, 2, 3 or 4 wheel drive, I just don't think that my Bruin will run when completely submerged in water.

Uncle Matt (in IL)