Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunters View Climbing Stands?

Old 07-14-2002, 07:55 AM

Default Hunters View Climbing Stands?

Looking into purchasing one-seemed to be priced right and come with a safety belt(harness). Just wondering what everybody thought of these stands and quality.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunters View Climbing Stands?

I have a Summit Bushmaster and love it. Not regrets, money well spent.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:10 AM

I have FOUR ladder stands! The price is right, and they are comfortable.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

I BOUGHT THE HUNTERS VIEW HAWK CLIMBER LOVE THIS STAND,I LET THREE FRIENDS USE IT LAST YEAR AND ALL THREE BOUGHT ONE.IT CLIMBS GOOD PLUS YOU FEEL REAL SAFE EVEN WITH THE WINDS IN OKLAHOMA.TO ME IT WAS MONEY WELL SPENT.IT IS ON THE HEAVY SIDE.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:59 PM

I have never tried one but they seem like they would be handy to use. This year im going to try my cousins climber and see if i like it.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:56 PM

I bought a condor cable climber last year from bass pro (not the light aluminum one either) It was the biggest peice of **** I ever wasted money on price is right thats what got me it looked as good as any other one in th catalog and I was so excited to get one I always wanted a climber to be stealth and mobile and for $129. but let me warn you you get what you pay for. It weighed 32lbs. it felt like 50 the quality was really bad the hole for the pins were flanged on the inside so I could'nt slide the cable through the channels once I did get them through trying to line up the eyelet at the end of the cable to the hole was another pain in the butt,and its very cumbersome to haul and to set up noisy.I used it once and the rivet that holds the boot strap on broke with me 18ft. up in a tree.You have to take the arm pads off to use the pins (more noise velcro)I sent it back and got a refund. As far as climbers go I feel the one I had is a bad representation of one. Id save my money and buy a better lighter,quieter,more portable one.
Old 09-07-2002, 02:39 PM

I knew they were heavy ,made of steel but after reading these posts I believe I'd pay a little more and get an api or Summit ,there strong ,lite and well built..I use an API Bowhunter ,its a great climber.