Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

1.3 stealth cam digital pics

Old 06-13-2004, 09:09 AM

Default RE: 1.3 stealth cam digital pics

Im blown away by the detail....Why did you pick that camera over others...am considering a digital and would like some feedback....how difficult is it to get the pictures from camera to your computer?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:37 AM

neck 4752, When I tested the camera with a picture of myself I ended up taking 2 pictures of myself because I didn't hear it go off. I think it is incredibly quiet. I don't know if the flash bothers them but there were many pictures taken at night where the deer stayed around to get snapped again(I have the delay time set at 5 minutes).

Wooddust, The detail in the posted pictures is not near what I have on my computer. I resized those pictures down to about 25KB and the pictures on my computer are about 425KB in size.
I chose this camera pretty much based on price and I was extremely happy with the quality, the amount of pictures I got from one set of batteries and the ease of use.
As far as downloading the pictures, I take a laptop out to my lease and plug in the USB cable and the camera downloads them automatically. If you don't have a laptop, you can either take the camera back home with you or buy an extra media card and just take that home with you and download the pictures with a media card reader. Let me know if you have any more questions.

DeerT
Old 06-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

those are great pics. I wish I had your success. I have gotten a few pics with mine, but have also gone through 3 set of batteries. I will try the lithiums. How much was the solar panel? I have had some problems with all the components working. First one I had the green light didn't work. The one I have now seems to have a "hard" time showing the test area> I hope I can get the kinks worked out. If i could get 100+ pics on on set of batteries, that would be well worth it.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:26 AM

Actually, I don't have the solar panel yet. I have it on order ($110.00 from cabela's)but just called the company(stealth) and they said it would be mid July before they have shipped them. I thought it was expensive but after going through two sets of lithium batteries...I'm thinking not so expensive.
I will say that now that you mention it mine did have a hard time showing me where the test area was. I remember while trying it out that it was only showing the flashing light to about 15 feet or so BUT some of the pictures I have are picking up animals at really far distances. I am attaching one. I know it's kind of hard to see but the deer in the back of the picture is across a small ravine. I laser ranged a tree at the same distance and got 34 yards.

Old 06-15-2004, 04:08 PM

As Im looking into buying a digital cam set up, Im amazed at the price ranges. The one you bought is the lowest cost and from what I can tell, the reason is that the camera is actually componants of the set up and not a brand name camera thats been modified....at least thats what it looks like.

Ive done some web searches to get some comparisons on the different ones out there and its hard to find hard data and user experiences.

I appreciate your post...thank you....maybe others who have bought or are shopping could shed some light on the options that are out there.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:06 AM

Wooddust, You are correct about the camera being "part" of the unit and not a seperate camera although the stealth cam has a view finder and can be used as a digital camera(has shutter button on top of the housing). This camera is silent. The only way I know it has taken a pic is the display flashes the number of pics after it has taken one. I'm useing the cheapest batteries(rayovac from walmart) I can find in mine. It has been out almost 3 weeks and the battery indicator still shows a full charge. in this time it has taken aprox 70 pics(mostly of me working in my food plots).
For the money I paid and the quality of pics I have nothing but great raves about this product.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:36 PM

6AA and only 105 pics, ouch. That eats some batteries.

I've filled memory cards up, 300+ pictures, using 4AA in an Olympus digital game camera.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Those are real nice looking pictures.

I do not have a digital scouting camera but have started using rechargable NIMH batteries in my regular digital camera. They give me about 4 times the battery life as compared to Energizer alkalines and I just recharge them. I do not know how they will work on the scouting cameras but this was a suggestion that I found on a regular digital camera site. The charger and batteries are not very expensive at department stores.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, when you blow those pics up to full size they really show some detail. I am impressed. It looks like you got your money's worth.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:09 PM

i HAVE HAD ANOTHER BAD CAMERA BUT IF YALL THINK IF I GET THIS CAMERA I WILL BE HAPPY ..... tHANKS WILL

Quick Reply: 1.3 stealth cam digital pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.