Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

1.3 stealth cam digital pics

Old 10-14-2004, 06:51 PM

Default RE: 1.3 stealth cam digital pics

I have had a couple of people email me about the panel. Im gonna try and answer everyones questions and curiousities. With the panel, it is supposed to be a "set it and forget" operation. The panel is intended to charge the batteries, and have a fully functional cam at the same time. I'm a little curious why people are saying they are running out of power, the unit should be recharging itself. I noticed the dipswitch for the charge is kinda chinsey, but it seemed to do the trick(before mine got wacked by a branch in a storm). The other thing that I noticed is the charge port is located on the bottom(smooth move stealth). Make sure it is in there SECURELLY(Noticed mine could have slipped out). Also, does anyone know if leaf river makes a solar panel?? Please, let me know if this helps or not, just curious on what the problem is.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:11 AM

The low batt. indicator was on and also the test light indicator was on??? but it didn't take anypictures of me when i moved in front of the cam, but the clock was still working.

May be the batteries were not 100% fully recharge when i put it on???
My setup was 15min delay and 2 pics exposure setting. But the stealth cam asking for 10 mins. time and 1 pics esposure setting but in my case that was not the problem because it took only 3pics.

May be when the batteries come too low in voltage there not strong enough to make working the cam because there are 1.2voltage instead of 1.5voltage.

I also find this info about nimh:
It is important to note that NEW NiMH batteries need to be cycled 3-5 times before they hold a FULL charge. This doesn't mean charged 3-5 times in a row but rather over the first 3-5 cycles the batteries will hold a better charge each time until they take a full charge.

The web site is:
http://search.netscape.com/ns/boomfr...batteries.html
Old 11-02-2004, 07:44 PM

I was curious what people have found out about using their solar panels yet. I have kept in contact w/ a few and some have not had to much luck. Please, post your comments on the panel!!!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 01:35 AM
Fork Horn

I'd just get a camera that didn't need a generator or bus battery strapped to it. Sticking a solar panel on it would make it stand out real well for the theives to see Plenty of other choices out there
Old 11-21-2004, 06:37 PM

nice pic...i went wtih the moultrie game cam2 havent got it out in the woods yet but ive heard good things of it.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a very frustrating time with my 1.3 MP StealthCam. First was battery life - better batteries helped but still only got 3 weeks. Then it wasn't taking pics - and while not taking pics the batteries went dead!! Then my dad gets one (told him to get a Cuddeback so we can compare, but he didn't. His didn't even work out of the box - the LCD screen was messed up. He also got the solar kit. Not real impressed, but could of been some operator error with it. I finally got fed up and contacted StealthCam. I was very pleased with the results. They informed me that the new 3.0 MP cams are better on batteries and teke better pics and there is a "kit" where 2 larger batteries can be hooked up and then the cam will last for months. Then they said they would send me the new version (free) when I retunred my old one. Now that's good service. I hope the new one is all they say (and more). If not it will be going right back and I will want a refund (for the original cam).
Old 11-30-2004, 08:18 AM

That's better service than I got, but I'm not complaining. I called them and said it was only running 6 days on the solar panel. They offered to replace the solar panel but I was convinced it was the camera, so they agreed to take both back and look at it. About 10 days later I got back new in box camera and solar panel. I've had it running in the back yard on the solar panel for 12 days now (previous best was 6 days), and about 100 pics. I've recently cranked the settings up (3 shots, 3 minute delay) to try and run down the batteries, will see how it goes. In the field I only got about 60 pics in 6 days before it ran down.

I still think the product is "delicate" at best, but very good customer service. Price is good (if you get a setup that works) and results are good (if you get a setup that works).
Old 11-30-2004, 11:14 AM

Thinking of getting a Non Typical Deer Cam, are the pics on this camera any good? And how is battery life on this camera? From the adds and reviews ive read sounds like a nice camera.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 AM

Doughboy,any review that I have ever read regarding the 3.0 stealth stated that the battery life was terrible.Way worse then the 1.3.Not sure what kind of smoke cloud stealth is blowing but I would not get my hopes up.Good luck,hope it works out.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the info poco

they said that when hooked to external batteries (i assume batteries for kids toy cars - the ones they can sit in and drive??) the battery life is months. i'll believe it when i see it.

i wil definitely post my results.