Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

1.3 stealth cam digital pics

Old 07-15-2004, 03:36 PM

Default RE: 1.3 stealth cam digital pics

I also have a Stealth cam 1.3 since March and i'm very happy with it, take nice pics days and night.

I'm installing a 12v backup battery in the plug in to be recharge by a solar panel, but you still need the 6aa inside the cam without them the front screen is not normal. I will let you know the results.....for now it's working

I'm so happy with it i'm thinking to buy another one.

For people that trying to use NIMH batteries the flash may doesn't work because they are 1.2v instead of 1.5v.

Quiet cam.
Powerfull flash.
Not expensive for a digital.
compact flash is not expensive.
almost all automatic and don't take pics of squirell and small stuff.
etc.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I was planning on hooking a 12v batt up to mine but I wasnt sure if
it would work so I called Stealth and the guy told me it would void
the warranty and burn up the cam. So he told me to get the solar panel.
I asked him what the output voltage of the panel was and he said 12v.
So why cant I hook a 12v batt to it?
I guess I`ll try it if Phil`s cam survives.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:44 PM

Anyone has try the solar panel yet???with the stealth cam.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:49 PM

If you're planning to buy a solar panel check the sportsmans guide $79.97. They're 20$ cheaper than any others I've found.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=145822

If you try it let me know how it goes.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:25 PM

Just a warning. I just received the solar panel from the sportman's guide(I thought it was a great deal too!) IT"S THE WRONG ONE! [:@] It is for the film version stealth cam. I just called Stealth and they said Cabela's should have the solar panel this week sometime.
DeerT
Old 07-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

i was just wondering what that thing is on the left side of all the pics?
Old 07-22-2004, 02:28 PM

i was just wondering what that thing is on the left side of all the pics?
That would be a feeder
Old 08-04-2004, 11:38 AM

Any news on the solar panel for the stealth cam 1.3 digital???anyone received it???
Old 08-25-2004, 10:32 AM

I just got a DIGRC-X last week. I've taken 120 pics (~20% at night) and battery indicator still shows full. I'll be installing a 256 MB CF card soon and that may drain the batteries more (or not).

What impresses me is how quiet it is, there's no flash noise (during charging, nor when flash goes off) that I can hear. Pictures are average quality, more than adequate, but not comparable to a good 1.3 digital camera.

My only problem is I can't get it to trigger on "cat" size game. 4 nights in a row I've put out cat food at night, the cats come and eat but it won't trigger. It easily triggers on my small kids. I guess that's good so it won't trigger on birds, but the farm I intend to use it on has (I suspect) mostly small game, and I was hoping to get some pics of racoons and other critters. I'll be taking it out in a few weeks. It has worked flawlessly at home for a week now. Survived two heavy rainstorms with no water getting inside.

It takes pics at ~3 second intervals in daytime (high quality setting), and ~8 second intervals at night, presumably that's how long it takes to charge the flash. I took a few AVIs and it works fine, but the resolution is too low for my taste (320x240 I think). All on one set of batteries that still show full charge. Note I don't have external CF card installed.

I guess the 256 MB card is an overkill since it will hold about 500 pics and from other's on this board it appears I can only get 100-300 form a set of batteries. It may not matter, as I doubt there are 500 pics worth of large animal activity where I'm going.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:35 PM

What type of batteries are you using????

Quick Reply: 1.3 stealth cam digital pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.