Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

low light

Old 12-17-2003, 07:33 PM

Default low light

any one with ideas what I can use in low light last few minutes of hunting time,have hard time seeing game for a good shot placement when you can
not use more than 1 power or non magify scope,blackpowder hunting in Wisconsin Thanks
Old 12-18-2003, 07:34 AM

Default RE: low light

Yogi,

Sounds like you need to get a higher quality scope. I have a Leupold VX-II in my muzzleloader and have no problem seeing for a placement or seeing the reticle during normal shooting hours. If you don't want to spend too much, take a look at the Bushnell Elite 3200 2-7x32. This one should work good for your situation.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
[email protected]
Old 12-18-2003, 07:38 AM

Yogi,

I am sorry. I guess I did not read your post very closely. That is a hard one, since you can only use 1 power. I don't know what you are using now, but Nikon makes a Blackpower edition that offers 88% light transmission and is very clear. Another one that might work is the Bushnell Holosight. This would give you an illuminated type reticle for that low light situations.

Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com
[email protected]
Old 12-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Yogi,

I am new to the boards so I hope this works. I too hunt with the ol smoke pole in WI (Buffalo County) and know what you are going through.

I shoot a .50 cal Knight Disc Extreme and mounted a Bushnell Red Dot 4 in 1 dial in Reticle scope on my rifle. It has four setting with one being a very small dot and one of the others crosshairs. My groups increased dramatically after adding this scope.

If you can see the deer you can shoot it with this scope. I could see deer in the dark clearly before the sun would rise, however, I could net tell if they were bucks or does until it became light enough. If you can see it with the naked eye the red dot can pick it up.

cybersniper