Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Light on-light off

Old 08-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Light on-light off

My question is Luminocks.. Love- em ,hate - em ? I just some for the first time a few days ago. I have hunted for 20+ yrs and have seen my share of gimmicks and such, but these babys light the way so to speak. I tried them out a few eves ago and really liked them, so I guess what I'm askin is does everybody who tries them like them as much as I do? Are there any cons? I find that mine "easton H nocks" are hard to shut off once activated, could be a real pain in the woods.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Light on-light off

I love my firenocks way better than lumenoks!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like the idea, but I won't sacrifice FOC to use them. They may be kewl but are really not necessary.

Dan
Old 08-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

I got some recently and have only used them on rabbits, but I love them! Makes finding your arrow so much easier in dim light. Also good if I am shooting targets late. Can't wait to try them on deer.

I have two and like you have trouble switching one of them off, the other is easy. I am hoping it will wear in a bit so that it becomes easier to switch off with a few more shots.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Easton Tracer Nocks. I have been using them before Easton bought them out. They have improved a bit. They activate and deactivate by a magnet which is on the riser of your bow....Been shooting them for 2 years now and have not had a problem getting any of them to turn on or off.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

love them ,but after shooting pull them a little more than usual opened the case the other day and one was on,(happened before)
Old 08-31-2008, 05:29 PM

Well Tracer isnt as bright as lumenok, and firenok.
But tracer battery does last longer, and it has the flashing feature.

really tho i think any will work for very late low light conditions to find your arrow or see the flight.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Arrow retriveal is the thing I most want out of them, as I may not be back to the same spot for a few days and also for a marker as to where to start the retrieval trail

Old 09-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

Well Tracer isnt as bright as lumenok, and firenok.
But tracer battery does last longer, and it has the flashing feature.
I don't know about that.....I just shot a 3-D tourney and another person in my group was using firenoks. I couldn't tell the difference between the two as far as the brightness. The way you could tell who's was who's was when my Tracer began to flash and the firenok stayed solid.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Ken, I thought my firenock was a tad brighter than your tracer, but the easy way to tell ours apart was that mine was in the 10 ring. heh heh heh...

Quick Reply: Light on-light off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.