Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Good pair of gloves

Old 09-02-2015, 02:43 PM
Spike

Yukon Pro Glove by KUIU
Old 09-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another good glove is the Arctic Shield Mitten. It has a mitten outer layer but comes with a pair of warm but thin gloves you can wear underneath. A charcoal handwarmer in the mittens keep you hands toasty warm and when the time to shoot comes simply fold back the finger tip of the mitten exposing your fingers.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I bought a pair of the Cabela's MT50 gloves with 150 grams of thinsulate. I hunted in Ontario with all day sits in tree stands the first week of Nov. They were thin enough that they were still functional and kept me relatively warm (my hands get cold easily). When I started to get cold I would break open a hand warmer and slip it in the glove. Seemed to work well for me.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use thin UnderArmor gloves year round. When it gets cold I put hadwarmers in my coat pockets and keep my hands there all nice and warm until it is time to shoot. I have big thick gloves and dislike them for being too bulky.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I second the layer idea. I tend toward thin Jersey gloves inside leather outer gloves. I get the warmth and dexterity in one set. Without the expense of heavy gloves. Though I don't leave camp without a pair of heavy gloves in my pack, in case of emergency.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Spike

You need to take a look at the Glassing mitts by KUIU! they keep my hands plenty warm and if you need to take a quick shot you can pull them right off. They've done wonders for me.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

I got these gloves while I was in Afghanistan 05-06. If you haven't been it gets below 0 a lot in the winter. I still have them (although they aren't in very good condition now) and when I went to find the link they are on clearance at Academy. So I just ordered 2 more pair. If you have an academy go try them on you want them to fit snug. Now I use them during hunting in KY and north Fl. If the temp stays about freezing they are all I need if it gets below 20 I got a muffler and just regulate temp with that.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/seir...ldCatid=504452
Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by tankerchief
I really enjoy hunting in the cold weather; except that my hands can't stay warm. I have a minor circulation problem that means my hands get cold; and once that happens the day is ruined. I've tried a number of pairs of gloves with little luck. Can anyone suggest a good pair of gloves, that are functional and keep your hands warm? I'm willing to forgo cost if they work.

Thanks in advance
I had a pair of these that I really liked but it seemed like they wore out fast. http://amzn.to/1NQiMpW

There are plenty of options and reviews here. http://amzn.to/1TZ3JGP

Thanks!