Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Scope not holding zero.

Old 05-31-2015, 11:15 AM
Spike

Unhappy Scope not holding zero.

About a year ago the last time I went to Wooster Mt. range some asst. RSO knocked my Sako off the bench and it bounced off the scope. I had no ammo to check it so I went home. Last week I was trying to evaluate some ammo and after each 2nd group the zero seemed to have shifted slightly I was using a Caldwell Tack Driver sand bag and rear back.

It's a Chinese made Aim Sport 4-12x and from the start there was tiny "flecks" in the image. I wonder if it's damage or was just a cheap scope from the start. I'm looking into the 1.5-6x Konus Pro with a 30mm tube so I don't have to change the Conetrol rings and base.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say it was more than likely junk to begin with but the fall didn't help it. Konus is supposed to be fairly good scopes.
Old 05-31-2015, 12:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

You should have hgotten some ammo immediately and held the guy who knocked the gun on to the ground responsible to replace it. Waiting a year to find out if there was damage is your mistake. If a gun falls on the scope seldom is good going to come of it. Looks lke you are out the price of a new scope.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with Oldtimer. Why was the range officer walking so close to your weapon to begin with. At a minimum it was either his or the range's responsibility to replace your scope. You missed the boat on that one friend. As for a replacement I don't know much about Konus scopes. But I do like Nikons for the price.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only scope type Nikon carries (like he is wanting) is the M223 which is WAY more than that Konus. My preference is Nikon also but he seems to want a 30mm tube with 1.5-6 power Which with Nikon is $699 I think. Seems just a bit pricey for that power range.
Old 05-31-2015, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would tell you where that cheap Chinese scope should be put and it involves the RSO that knocked the gun off the bench, but this is a family website and it wouldn't stay up very long, LOL!
Old 06-01-2015, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Where the sun never ever shines.

Al
Old 06-01-2015, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
Where the sun never ever shines.

Al
Bingo, we have a winner!!!
Old 06-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Spike

I had shot my last round and would have needed at least 3 to check zero. Nobody there had a .243 as this is black rifle Heaven on weekends. The range is state run and the other RSO can be counted on to say he never touched the bench.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

OK, someone knocked you gun of a bench at a public range run by the state. You had no more ammo to check it so you went home without registering a complaint or checking to see if the range would be responsible for the damage if any. Then you wait about a year before you bothered to check the gun and scope to see if the scope was damaged. It was. What was the point of even telling us someone else damaged your gun if you didn't have the initative to have them held accountable or even to check your gun for a year to see if there was damage. I highly doubt a state range officer would have lied about damaging your gun and have another employe swear to it. I don't know for sure but having worked for a state agency that has a public range I doubt it and since you didn;t bother to report the incident, you don't know for sure either. They have insurance to cover all kinds of ills and people sometimes are careless, hence the insurance and the guy wouldn;t have been fired unless he had a history of being stupid. I have to wonder what the point of telling us the story

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-01-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.