Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Need help on a good backpack!! >

Need help on a good backpack!!

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Need help on a good backpack!!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Default Need help on a good backpack!!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me of some good backpacks or fanny packs? Im looking for one thats not to big and not to small. One that will carry about a days worth of hunting gear like binoculars, small clothing items like gloves and head gear, knives, flashlight, etc. I dont walk much on my hunts, usually just to my stand or ground blind. Some good advice would be helpful. thanks!
Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need help on a good backpack!!

Iwould recomendthe Cabelas Elite Scout pack. It has worked great for me. It has a lot of room, well made,and it has a reasonable price tag.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

I have had one of these for about 7 or 8 years now. Its comfortable, versatile and very functional and quiet. I love it and would hate to do with out it. It carries my gun or bow on long hikes in and I can strap it to my climber easily if I am hauling that in with me.

http://badlandspacks.com/
Old 11-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

Cabelas bow and rifle pack works great for me. Well constructed and very ergonomic, when full can hardly notice the weight.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:40 AM

I have the medium sized camelback backpack....and i love it. I do lots of still hunting and walking around, so the hydration bladder is a plus so that you dont have to fumble around for a water bottle. Also, everything you listed that you want to put in it is in mine.....it fits in there with a bit of room to spare. Hope this helps
Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Typical Buck

I use Badlands packs. They work great!!! They are so versatile and well thought out. They are very durable and can be used for many things. I use mine hunting elk out west and whitetails in the east, just good packs.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: VT Outdoorsman

I have the medium sized camelback backpack....and i love it. I do lots of still hunting and walking around, so the hydration bladder is a plus so that you dont have to fumble around for a water bottle. Also, everything you listed that you want to put in it is in mine.....it fits in there with a bit of room to spare. Hope this helps
What kind of camelbak pack do you have??
Old 11-17-2008, 05:06 PM

I have the Camelback Striker......around 70 bucks......so i beleive it is a lot less than the Badlands packs.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM

ight thnx.