Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm looking for a good, big backpack. >

I'm looking for a good, big backpack.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm looking for a good, big backpack.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:05 PM

Default I'm looking for a good, big backpack.

One thing I will be getting for next year is a good backpack. I need one that is roomy as I carry quite a few clothes with me.I always have like 2 or 3 shirts tied around my waist. I also need quitea few pockets. I kind of like the one the Drury's use but not sure what it is...

Any suggestions? What do ya'll use?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 PM

Default RE: I'm looking for a good, big backpack.

I absolutely love the Cabelas hybrid hunter 2in1. It is very comfortable and has an ample amount of space.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

if you have the money i would suggest the double bull wild thing pack it looks like it would fit your needs
Old 01-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Badlands Packs, hands down the best packs I've ever used... for anything. Extremely light weight, super tough, pretty quiet, has a bow holder, easy access from all sides, hydration equipped, designed to hold the load very close to your body so it's easier to carry, UNCONDITIONAL lifetime warranty. They are freaking awesome. No other pack deserves to be in the woods with that Vectrix.

Check them out, the 2200 is my favorite and will be going on my Elk hunt in the fall.
http://www.badlandspacks.com/packs.php
Old 01-08-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: dwd2001

Badlands Packs, hands down the best packs I've ever used... for anything. Extremely light weight, super tough, pretty quiet, has a bow holder, easy access from all sides, hydration equipped, designed to hold the load very close to your body so it's easier to carry, UNCONDITIONAL lifetime warranty. They are freaking awesome. No other pack deserves to be in the woods with that Vectrix.

Check them out, the 2200 is my favorite and will be going on my Elk hunt in the fall.
http://www.badlandspacks.com/packs.php
I'll second Badlands. Best built packs I've come across.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:26 PM

I was checking out their website, I also like the 2200.....How much "stuff" can you stuff into one? In other words, can I put most of my gear and 2 or 3 fleece shirts in it??
Old 01-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

mobowhunter, are you planning on packing out any meat? I took a backpack to Colorado with me on my elk trip a couple of years ago specifically for carrying water bottles, snacks, extra clothes, folding saw, knives, hand cleaning towels, camera, batteries, flashlight, gloves, whatever I thought I would need. Padded back straps, padded waist belt, and sternum strap. It carried easily and comfortably. It will also accept a hydration bladder. I'll get ripped but it was a Fieldline backpack from Wally World. $20! Now I want to stress I had another pack in camp specifically for packing out meat I borrowed from a buddy.......Cabela Alaskan something or other, didn't need it though.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:36 PM

No, I'm not getting that crazy...Not yet anyways....I hope to hunt out west at some point then I'll need a HUGE pack......I looked at that Fieldline you spoke of, and I liked it.....I'm just never sure how much crap I can fit into one untill I get it home and find out it's too darn small....[:@]
Old 01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Well just make sure you get one with a chest strap and a waist strap. Make sure it has some exterior straps to tie stuff on with. I got a great one. I don't use it that much... but it's great when I need to carry a lot of stuff like rainsuit, food, water and all that for a day vigil.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I was checking out their website, I also like the 2200.....How much "stuff" can you stuff into one? In other words, can I put most of my gear and 2 or 3 fleece shirts in it??
You can put a TON of stuff in this pack. It has places for a tripod, spotting scope it has a meat pack for capes, quarters and heads. I'll see if I can't find my tag and scan it in, it has what's called the "2200 Undressed" or something and shows a whole bunch of stuff that can fit it. I can't stress enough though, how well this pack is designed. You could put 50lbs in this pack and 50lbs in another pack and the badlands pack will feel much lighter and be less taxing on your body. I've used a lot of packs for Mule deer hunting and just basic scouting/hiking in Wyoming and this is the one.

Quick Reply: I'm looking for a good, big backpack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.