Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Irish Setter Big Game Tracker Boots >

Irish Setter Big Game Tracker Boots

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Irish Setter Big Game Tracker Boots

Old 03-22-2003, 04:28 PM

Default Irish Setter Big Game Tracker Boots

These boots boast GORE-TEX lining with 800 grams Thinsulate. They have worked very well for me since purchase in late October 2002. I have hunted 65 degrees down to -10(F) in them. My feet have stayed dry and comfortable. The sole does a very good job keeping traction in even the slickest conditions. Breathability is good depending on socks worn. My best luck so far has been with Carhart socks.

On Bob' s scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being top of the scale, these boots rate a solid

Bob_8

I hope this may help some of you whom are looking for new skins for the coming year. I hunted Deer, Dove, Ducks, Geese and Pheasants while tied up in these boots. The price at time of purchase, $99.99. I do not get paid to test gear, so I think this is a bargain!
Old 03-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Irish Setter Big Game Tracker Boots

Bob I too bought a pair last fall, for early fall weather up here, but was very suprised how warm they were. I have worn them all winter ice fishing and sleding(skidooing) and been very impressed. I must admit the for the price I paid I didn' t have big expectations for this boot. Having logged some trail miles and wearing them in the cold, I would say they are great boot and for the price ain' t much better that I have found. The one thing I really like is the ease to get into these boots (compared to other gortex bootie style' s i have used) and their light weight.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:49 PM

Hah my wife bought me a pair for X-mass I love em they' re amazing I thought they were too small when I tried putting them on the first time but wow they hug your feet. I' m glad to hear they last a long time since mine are only 4 months old
Old 04-03-2003, 08:16 AM

I too have a pair of those boots, I like them, and when they wear out I will buy another pair. $99 geez, I wish I paid that much for mine, I paid $179 here in Ontario, Canada.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:53 PM

Ranger,

Try Cabela' s, Bass Pro or any other mail order catalog. Also remember that this price is US dollars. I am not sure if you meant Canadian or US. Either way, I wear mine even in the mild weather, up to 65 degrees. They are still comfortable in these temperatures.