Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Mule or 4-wheeler

Old 03-11-2003, 06:42 AM
Spike

Default Mule or 4-wheeler

I am looking for an all around all terrain vehicle. I thought about a Mule or a Gator because more than 1 person can ride it, you can haul loads, and it can be covered. But then I heard the Mule' s do not do well on rough terrain. Now I am thinking maybe a 4 wheeler.

What advice do you have?
Old 03-11-2003, 07:30 AM

Default RE: Mule or 4-wheeler

I thought maybe your were asking about the animal verses the machine. I also questioned this, in my area the 4 wheeler out weighed the mule or gater.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Living Breathing Mule would be my personal preference
Old 03-11-2003, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

The mule and gator will haul more but they are pretty much useless in deep mud or muskeg.They work well in fields or trails that are not too muddy or too rough though.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:52 AM

The mules or gators are good if you' re confining yourself to a manicured pasture, but for general hunting they' re pretty much worthless. They can' t go where you' ll need them to go.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:00 AM
Spike

Living Breathing Mule would be my personal preference
With the cost of fuel vs. the cost of initial purchase, I' d have to agree.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

They last longer too after they put in years of hard work...lower initial cost and less maintenance also
Old 03-17-2003, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Two of my friends just bought the Polaris Ranger and it is sweet. if you do an apples to apples comparison, there isn' t any. it is by far a nicer unit
Old 03-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ranger is a great unit for heavier hauling but it is not as manouverable and will not go all the places a regular quad will go due to it' s extra size and weight.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

the mule or gator would be nice if you hunt flat land and dont have to worry about 2feet or more of water. but i am saying get a 4 wheeler. every spring we have a guy that comes out and traps predators for ducks unlimited. any way he usta own a mule and he said its alright if you are not on rough ground or dont worry about going threw that much. he traded it off fo a 4 wheeler. he said that the 4 wheeler was alot smoother on rought and can go threw quite a bit more. i have a honda rancher electric shift 4x4 and i love the dang thing

Quick Reply: Mule or 4-wheeler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.