Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Rockie boots

Old 04-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rockie boots

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

When they moved to made in China the quality went down. I can't say I have ever had a pair that fealt great on my feet. I like Danners and although they are more pricey, they are worth every cent.
Exactly. I had an older pair of Rockys (all leather)that were my first serious boot investment and they were great and dry as a bone. Eventually fell apart. Now it's Danners all the way. Plus I hate the way all the new rocky boots are made ofthat rough canvass instead of leather...yuck.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

I've mostly had Rockies an Cabelas boots and both have served me well. I have seen others Rocky boots sole come off, rubber boots crack and leaks maybe I've been lucky. I perfer all leather boot an GORTEX not some water proof stuff. I make a trip down to Rocky boot outlet in Nellsoneville about once a year just to see what I don't need and they sell all sorts of stuff at a decent price in the outlet. I have a pair of bear claws 1000g that I've had for about 6yrs now in all I own about 6 pairs of rockies, I would like to try a pair of Danners since I hear so much about them.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

believe it or not ive had my cheap walmartherman survivors for 6 years now an they jus riped at seam last day of deer season
Old 04-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Agreed. Had older rocky's were ok.....then bought some danners, pretty great, then recently forget whatI bought , from basspro, another great boot, on par with the danners.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a pair of Rocky Bear Claws.I would never buy another pair of Rocky's period. This pair I have after a few years of very light use. (I would only wear them in Georgia when the weather was cold enough to warrant their use which wasn't that often)The soils actually disintergrated.Started crumbling. These were always stored inside,never used around oil,gas or grease.Strictly used in the woods.I contacted Rocky and they offered to send me replacement soles with my Dime to have them put on.I took the new soles Rocky sentto a shoemaker.He looked at the replacement soles and said these will do the same thing. For a few bucks more he replaced them with Vibram(sp?).It was around 50.00 to replace these with the better sole.I've read and heard of other Rocky boot problems. Some similar to mine.